Chapter 22: Search

The next day the three were getting ready to leave.

They were able to buy some clothes from the stores and Kennedy was a bit late from returning.

The boys waited when she suddenly walked in with a small bag.

It was a small drawstring bag which was probably only big enough fit your hand.

"What's that for?" Theo asked as Kennedy shut the door to their room.

"It's a bag." Kennedy smirked.

"How is it supposed to help us?" Ezbern took it from her who handed it to him.

"Put your hand in." Kennedy said and the boys were a little suspicious.

Ezbern opened it and placed his hand in and couldn't find the bottom of the bag.

"That is a magic bag-" He pulled out his entire arm that he stuck inside.

"We can put our extra clothes and food we may need." Kennedy took back the bag and began packing some clothes.

"I'm kind of nervous." Theo swallowed.

"It's not an easy mission." Kennedy was also nervous but knew they had to get the crown back.

Everyone else were going to be sent home until they could return.

"Do you need that many hairbands?" Ezbern chuckled seeing her put in a bunch of colourful hair ties.

"I lose hair ties all the times. Plus they were Jaynie's" Kennedy put in the last few things and closed it up.

She threw it over her shoulder and the three walked out.

They climbed down the stairs and went outside the motel.

They met up with Professor Aurkins at the end of the village.

"We're ready professor" Kennedy gave a small.

"If you all succeed, you'll be helping all of us." Professor Aurkins felt so proud of them.

The three of them started their journey.

They walked through a quiet forest which wasn't scary and dark.

"I literally have no idea where we are going." Theo half chuckled.

"I don't even have a map. We can only ask for directions to a specific place and that would only be useful if we knew where we were going." Kennedy tracked down the path as their feet crunched on the leaves and bark below.

They walked for hours before making it to a cliff edge where they thought they could get a good view and take a little rest.

Theo instantly plopped down on a rock sighing in relief.

"Did you bring any food?" He asked.

Kennedy chuckled as she opened the bag.

She dug through the bag until she found some strawberries.

She tossed two to the boys who caught them.

"Is that it?" Theo whined looking at his unappetising fruit.

"Don't be too picky now Prislee." Kennedy chuckled sitting on a rock opposite to the guys.

"Looks like we gotta walk a long way." Ezbern turned to the view which was just a bunch of grassy hills.