Chapter 3: Concealed Academy

Kennedy thought about it...

She wanted to give it a chance but what if it was a murderer or her stalker, even worse what if it was both!?

But she was crazy enough to follow it. She stayed up all night trying to figure out the riddle.

She kept reciting the riddle as she paced back and forth in her room.

"During the day I'm a beautiful tourist sight." Suddenly it hit her.

She ran to her window and pushed the curtains aside. She looked out to see a beautifully lit up structure in the middle of the town.

"Of course the Eiffel tower!" Kennedy smiled and rushed to put on her jacket.

She slowly crept out the house and walked down the busy streets of Paris to the Eiffel tower.

She stood in front of it wondering which way she had to go to get to the top of the tower.

She spotted a few people walking up a set of stairs. She followed behind.

It felt like she was going to walk forever until finally she came across the elevator. "In an elevator you must come through". Kennedy sighed before entering it.

She didn't know what she was doing or why but she was keen on finding out where the letter would take her.

She eventually made it to the highest point of the viewing balconies.

She didn't spot anything unusual. It was just a few couples and families enjoying the cool breeze.

She re-read the riddle in her head.

"During the day I am a beautiful tourist sight

During the night I shine so bright

From the top you can see an amazing view

Up stairs you must walk and in an elevator you must come through."

It didn't mention anything about any specific spot on the top.

So she decided to looked around. It was a pretty small area. She looked around for a while before giving up. She thought someone was just playing a trick on her.

She walked towards the elevator and pressed the button. She waited when she felt something grab her arm. It felt cold and sweaty.

Before she could see what it was she was pulled into darkness and fell unconscious.

She slowly opened her eyes thinking she was waking up from a long night. She sat up rubbing her eyes.

She sighed. Her eyes bolted wide when she realized she wasn't in her bedroom.

She threw the white sheet laying on top her onto the floor and walked towards the open archway that was the exit.

She slowed her steps when she started observing the room. It looked like a hospital ward but the walls were old rough bricks and the ceiling was so high a bird could freely fly around.

As her eyes were fixed onto a shiny golden emblem that was being nailed up on top of the archway. She tried making out the words but the glare made it impossible.

Suddenly someone walked into the room looking very sophisticated. She held her head high wearing a fancy purple robe over a pencil skirt and a tucked in white shirt. Her rectangle, frameless, glasses stared down at her.