𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 03. soulmate? what the hell?

☆03

☆03. soulmate? what the hell?
▃▃▃
[ACT. 1]

« I only believe what I see. »

.

.

.

.

.

WAKING UP WAS PAINFUL and weird for the girl, who struggled to get out of bed. She half-opened her mouth when she noticed that the yellow paper was still stuck in her hand...

She'd been holding it all night. Besides, it was probably the worst night of her life. After getting ready, Nana went downstairs and headed for the front door. However, she was stopped by her mother.

"Aren't you going to eat anything?"
She had asked from the kitchen. The teen sighed and turned back. She smiled falsely and clutched an apple.

Her smile disappeared and she left the house.
The walk to the school was also the worst she'd ever had to make. Her stomach ached terribly, as if her organs were writhing between them.

Stress really does take its toll... With her hands in her pockets, Nana still felt the paper she'd brought with her. It was the ultimate proof that everything was real.

As the heroine entered the school, her heart began to beat like yesterday. It was an unpleasant sensation, but the last thing she needed was to seem strange in front of all the students.

Pretend everything was fine, at least until the end of classes. That's when she'd get the answers to her questions.

"Nana!"
The girl turned and saw Junko. She turned around and continued walking, as if nothing had happened. "H-Hey!? Wait!"

Junko grabbed her shoulder firmly, stopping Nana in her tracks. She was forced to turn and confront the brunette.

"Good morning, can I help you?"
She seemed offended by her cold, haughty tone.

"Actually... Sorry about yesterday, I didn't know the..."
She didn't even dare finish her sentence.

     "It's okay, I was high as fuck."
Nana smiled falsely again and went on her way.

Even if it were true, would they believe her? It's hard to know, because sometimes people only believe what they see.