𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 20. fever

☆20

☆20. fever
▃▃▃
[ACT. 2]

« Some dark things sleeps in me, i'm terrified »

.

.

.

.

.

THE PROTAGONIST CAME DOWN from his back and stood in front of him. She squinted, searching for his gaze, which was hidden under his cap. She was feeling many things at once.

"Are you serious?"
Despite the pain, she remained motionless, her eyes locked on the boy who nodded gently.

"That was before, don't worry! That was... Before."
He panicked at seeing her so embarrassed.

"How?"
That was all she could reply, and the ghost stared at her, frowning. "I mean— Look at me, why?"

Previously confused, he laughed out loud, finally understanding what she was trying to explain.

Her face was neutral, frozen, but inside, it was like an explosion.

"I don't know."
He seemed to be thinking, "I thought you were cool, I loved your hair color, your clothes, your attitude... You didn't care about the others and you knew what to say when people teased you."

The teen felt her heart leap; she thought he was making fun of her. Hair, clothes, attitude.

These were the things that earned her criticism and mockery. Could she really please anyone?

"They thought you were weird, I thought you were cool and... Pretty. Very pretty."

Nana instinctively lowered her eyes, never having thought that anyone would ever compliment her so much, or in general, that anyone would have a crush on her.

She wasn't confident enough to believe him and sighed. Even if he was serious, she couldn't help feeling uneasy.

The young man removed his cap and lowered himself to her level.