𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 23. the other one

☆23

☆23. the other one
▃▃▃
[ACT. 2]

« You can't escape anymore. »

.

.

.

.

.

     THE NURSE WAS ABOUT TO ENTER the infirmary but the door swung open, giving way to Rachel who strolled furiously down the corridor, followed by Nana.

The last thing she could have imagined was to have forgotten a step in the ritual.

Sunghoon's successful transformation had so disturbed and distracted her that she hadn't even paid attention enough.

     "I can't fucking believe it... It's a nightmare."
Rachel murmured, biting her fingers.

     "Wait!"
The protagonist tried to take her hand, but she suddenly turned away, face contorted in despair. "Listen, I'm truly sorry."

     "No. No! Your apologies aren't going to change anything, you don't know what you've just gotten us into."
She froze, shocked.

     "Us?"
She wanted to fix her mistake, but despite the immensity of dark magic, no spell could turn back time. "Yeah... I should've told you the truth and been more careful—"

     "When you're playing with black magic, the least you can do is respect the rules. That's all you had to do!"

The president ran a hand through her hair and sighed, eyes moist like she kept herself from bursting into tears.

Nana was even more confused and anxious, looking down at her wound where the blood was already forming a crust.

     "Too late, it's over. Don't even think about adding salt on it."

     "So what can I do now? And what's happening to me?"

     "The salt step was the most important one."
She glared at her, "It was supposed to prevent evil spirits released by the invocation from entering your body."