𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 16. number 4

☆16. number 4
▃▃▃
[ACT. 2]

« Did you know that numbers have meanings? »

.

.

.

.

.

LYING ON HER BED, THE GIRL stared at the ceiling. She gently squeezed one of the pieces of paper who was still stuck in her hand. It was Sunday evening and, consequently the weekend was over.

While this period was devoted to a well-deserved rest, Nana had been thinking for the past 2 days. She had tortured her mind trying to understand the meaning of these words.

She bit her lip, forcing herself to not panic then unfolded the paper and sighed, "you know something the others don't, nana."

When she'd first read it, her blood had run cold. It was obvious that the killer was responsible for this, he knew who she was and managed to put those words in her bag.

Nana straightened up on her bed and spotted the 4 apples she had put on her desk, still wondering why the culprit had sent them.

The next day, her eyes were slightly puffy from constant lack of sleep. She tied her hair up in a bun and picked up her bag in which she had stored the words.

Once she was ready, the protagonist left the house and set off for school.

Nothing was the same as before; on the way she was prudent and seemed paranoid. Even the sound of a car honking startled her; she was afraid of everything.

Once inside the school, it was even worse. All eyes were on her and Nana breathed hard as she passed Sunghoon's locker, previously vandalized but now repaired and clean.

A hand pressed against her shoulder and she had almost screamed. The teen turned around slowly, her face tense, but calmed down when she saw Junko, who greeted her with a big smile.

     "You're late! I've been waiting for you for 15 minutes."

     "Sorry, I overslept."