𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 35. 希望

☆35

☆35. 希望 (kibō — hope)
▃▃▃
[ACT. 3]

♪ pathetic - escalator

.

.

.

.

.

EVERY NEW INTERNET search was a pain for Nana. Her heart beat a little faster. There was nothing convincing every time, but she was hopeful enough to find something.

She and Heeseung had been in the school library for nearly an hour. They were determined to find any information or archives on the main suspect, Jay Park.

She was afraid of making no progress. Now that there were two killers, the risks for her and the other students were multiplied. She had pinned her hopes on Jay.

"Search this instead."
She pointed the keyboard at herself and typed another thing.

It was even more useless than what they had searched just before. Heeseung was beginning to lose patience. There was nothing about Jay Park's potential involvement in a murder.

"You think the police kept it a secret?"
He asked, puzzled.

"It's a possibility. None of the local papers are talking about it, that's strange."

It reinforced the fact that Jay was only a suspect and cleared from Sunghoon's murder. It wouldn't be surprising if the police had asked the media not to talk about it. This would have tarnished their image even more.

"No choice then, we'll have to arrange a nice little meeting with him."

"I don't know if that's a good idea—"

She ignored him and typed again. This time, if you just searched for his name, you'd find Jay's profile on a social network. The account was obviously private and had only about thirty followers.

"What are you doing? Look, it's dangerous and then... Do you really think after being falsely accused he's going to want to talk about this again?"