𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 14. apple, pt.1

☆14

☆14. apple, pt.1
▃▃▃
[ACT. 2]

CRUSH ( n. ) « A person who gives you butterflies and makes your heart beat faster. [...] A person you can't get off your mind. »

.

.

.

.

.

     "What do you think you're doing?"
The president broke the silence and walked over to Junko before grabbing her shirt.

"Wait! Just let me explain!"

"Are you kidding me? He was the only one not to bring here, you think Jake is the only student in this school?"

The heroine was offended and unable to move a muscle. This boy who'd been bullying her for weeks, who'd invented Creep, this stupid nickname that followed her around every day.

This boy who questioned all her humanity and her emotions but... It was this same boy who stood a few feet away from her, looking at her with compassion.

"Get off me!"
Junko's complaint startled Nana, who slowly moved toward her to help, but Jake was faster.

"I'm the one who forced her to bring me here, I wanted to talk to Nana."
Rachel calmed instantly and turned back to the concerned one, who was once again petrified and confused.

     "...May I ask why you want to talk to her?"

     "I'd like to apologize, sincerely."
He glanced at his ex-girlfriend.

     "What..? Hey-"

Junko had gathered all her strength and grabbed Rachel's arm, forcing her out of the classroom. As the door slammed shut, Nana felt a shiver run through her body.

Now it was just her and Jake. At first, the young woman thought it was a bad joke. Strangely, he looked very serious and waited a few seconds before making up his mind.

     "Junko explained it all to me, I know everything. I really am an asshole, aren't I?" She still didn't dare say anything.
"You know... Sunghoon was like a brother, I loved him very much. When they told me he was dead it was as if I had died too."