𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 21. can't control myself anymore, pt.2

[...]

☆21. can't control myself anymore, pt.2
▃▃▃
[ACT. 2]

« Now it's like a chessboard »

.

.

.

.

.

     AFTER SPENDING AN HOUR thinking about her behavior, the teen finally headed for the gymnasium. It was the first time she'd needed to see Sunghoon so badly.

He was the only person capable of understanding all her misfortunes; thanks to him, she didn't feel alone in the face of this immense tsunami of bad things.

Nana opened the door and and saw him sitting on a bench, taking off his ice skates.

The boy seemed out of breath, so she deduced that he'd been skating for a while. She approached him and waves her hand.

     "Hi, miss me?"
Sunghoon teased her, but he was also happy and reassured to see her.

     "Ghost again, huh? How did it go?"
She noticed that his hair was blonde.

     "It was pretty simple, I felt life leave my body another time. But it was a great experience and I don't have any wounds anymore."

    "That's good to hear."
Seeing him soothed was the only good thing to come out of the day.

She smiled shyly and slumped next to him, taking some distance now that physical contact was forbidden again.

     "What's wrong?"
He was quick to notice that his friend wasn't well.

     "I don't even know where to start."

     "Start with the one that bothers you the most."
He had said in a soft, encouraging voice.

Precisely, the slightest thing bothered her and made her even more anxious and weak. It was hellish, like a domino effect; behind every problem was an even stronger one.

The young woman felt tears welling up in her eyes, took a deep breath and began to express herself calmly, without giving in to the pressure.

     "The killer's definitely back, it wasn't a joke. They're going to claim a new victim."

     "What? How..?"

     "Last night, a girl got mugged in front of the school. I don't know anything more but it looks really bad."

     "And you sure the killer did this?"

     "There's a good chance. Even the students are linking it to the vandalism of your locker."