𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 31. i just wanna be happy

☆31

☆31. i just wanna be happy
▃▃▃
[ACT. 3]

« Dying a second time for you. »

.

.

.

.

.

     IT WAS SOFT AS a feather, but rude as a punch, the perfect definition of love. Even if it was beyond rationality, even if it was impossible... Nothing could have prevented it.

As a tear rolled down her cheek. That was the moment she dreaded most, this precise moment when she had to face up to her feelings.

Like a trap, this love that couldn't materialize into a lasting relationship despite reciprocity. Yet it was like a magnet.

Now that the feelings were mutual, there was no turning back. Sunghoon gently approached the young woman, cheeks on fire. Unlike her, he'd been waiting for this moment for days.

He'd never had the courage to do what she'd just done. It was yet another reason to respect and love her even more.

     "Nana?"
She shivered in surprise as his hand brushed her shoulder.

     "Y-You shouldn't touch me..."

The young woman had sketched a small, embarrassed smile before wiping away her tears. These were her first words in minutes that seemed to last an eternity, she must have been trapped in her thoughts.

     "For that, I think I'll handle the pain."
He laughed.

She wasn't really convinced by his words; it was as if she was constantly holding back. It was much too beautiful, but deep down it was impossible between them.

Sunghoon didn't care about reality or the future. He lived in the moment despite his situation, thinking of nothing else.

     "Hey, I can stand dying a second time for you."

Her heart leapt in her chest for the umpteenth time, the body began to heat up.