𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 34. just a matter of time

☆34

☆34. just a matter of time
▃▃▃
[ACT. 3]

« They found her. »

.

.

.

.

.

     IT'S ONLY WHEN NANA noticed this that her classmate slowly turn towards her. His eyes were stunned and his mouth wide open. The two friends froze for a moment.

Heeseung's gaze returned to the wounded girl, who was as perplexed as she was calm in the way she spoke. It was as if this detail was annundine. For them, it was almost a game-changer.

     "Is everything all right?"
Ji-eun had straightened a little more on the bed, worried about the students.

It took them almost a minute to reply, all of them deep in thought. How could they have missed this detail and thought that the suspect could be a woman?

Nana wasn't crazy, something was wrong. The person who killed Sunghoon was a man, the person she saw in the hallways late after class was a man too.

Pure syllogistic thinking would have it that their classmate's attacker was a man, that makes sense! But why?

Even the police think these two elements are linked, but how can they be if the suspect's gender isn't the same? That changes everything.

"A girl. You're saying the killer is a girl."

"Yes, it's written in the police report. I thought you already knew about it..."

"No! No. We don't know anything, okay?"

Ji-eun was slightly intimidated by the red-haired girl's tone. She had relaxed a few minutes ago, but was now anxious again.

"I thought... If you're asking me all these questions, you must know something."
Ji-eun was looking for answers in Heeseung's eyes, but he was as pale as a sheet.

He stared into the void and shunned any further contact. Fear mixed with anger and confusion, and all their efforts were once again called into question.