𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 36. too late, first shot

☆36

☆36. too late, first shot
▃▃▃
[ACT. 3]

« Monsters and ghosts are real. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win. »

.

.

.

.

.

HEESEUNG WAS FROZEN, eyes glued to the computer, Nana was trying to work out whether this was another one of his far-fetched ideas or... Whether, for once, it was a fundamental element.

     "Rachel's notebook?"
She enlarged the photo again, "Him?"

Nana and Sunghoon didn't seem to believe it, it was far too obvious. The main suspect in a murder, the person they'd been trying to question for hours, was actually very close to them.

They could only rely on Heeseung's advice. The protagonist hadn't seen the photo in Rachel's notebook. Consequently, she didn't know what Jay looked like.

     "Heeseung!"
The ghost called out to him, and he came to his senses.

Watching him out of the corner of her eye, she wasn't sure whether he was mistaken or telling the truth.

From the start, and despite the fear, Heeseung had always been involved in this fight and proposed many convincing theories.

He looked so stressed in front of the screen, hoping to be wrong. Nana secretly wished he was wrong because it might still incriminate Rache but...

     "It's him. I'm sure of it."
He said, sighing.

     "That's... Unexpected."

In the whole group, Sunghoon was probably the most backward. He felt he didn't have the same intelligence as the others. And yet, it was all for him.

Now that they had a real track, the skater didn't want to be a nuisance to his friend and his girlfriend.

Even if it called everything into question, he wasn't going to let himself be impressed by all these reversals of fortune.