𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 33. the witch hunt

☆33

☆33. the witch hunt
▃▃▃
[ACT. 3]

« Beware of everyone. »

.

.

.

.

.

     THE WEEKEND WENT quickly. Nana wanted to do just one thing: search, investigate and solve. Now that she held almost all the cards, she was determined to find the killer before they went any further.

After morning classes, the heroine was supposed to go to the hospital with Heeseung. Just thinking about it made her giddy.

That was going to be crucial to their search, Ji-eun was bound to teach them something important, but... The further they went, the more deadly this chess game became.

Since the student's attack, the culprit had done nothing publicly. Nana was afraid they'd strike back violently, attacking other students... Or even to her this time.

"Is everything all right?"
Junko's soft voice had seized her from those thoughts.

The protagonist nodded and smiled nervously. It was getting harder and harder to pretend and not tell other people.

If only her friends knew, maybe she'd have some extra help, and that's always good for morale. But... She couldn't risk endangering her best friend. Like Heeseung, the worst thing would be for Junko to receive threats.

The last bell of the morning rang. The heroine almost jumped out of her chair and ran off, under Junko's questioning gaze.

The brunette's not a fool; she obviously suspected that something strange was going on in her comrade's life.

First, Nana was skipping classes more and more. Then, she seemed very anxious, becoming violent and uncontrollable... And recently, a distasteful joke on her desk.

Junko sighed, the concern for her friend overflowing. Putting her bag away, she opened one of her notebooks and retrieved a small sheet of paper.

That note there... It was clearly proof that everything was a blur around the heroine. It's been nearly a month since she got that damn note, and yet she can't deduce anything convincing.