Ch. 1

RINGGGG!

"Page twenty is due on Monday, have a good weekend."

"Nae~"

A high school third year stood up, grabbing her bag and pushing in her chair before walking out the classroom.

She said goodbye to her teacher, slipping in an earbud as she walked down the halls of her school, lightly bobbing her head to the music as each step she took matched the beat of the song.

The girl glanced at her phone's notes, "hmm... no clubs today since it's early release..."

She shrugged, giving smiles and small waves to a few students she passed by on her way out of the building.

The walk home wouldn't be so bad, nice weather... not a lot of cars... and her home was rather close as well.

A few kids in the middle school uniform walked past her to the high school, either waiting for an older sibling, or trying to seem cool.

The middle school was right next to the high school, which was convenient for a few parents of age-gapped children.

'Huh?'

The girl took out her earbud as she paused her music, seeing a friend talking to a taller girl she didn't recognize.

She started to quicken her pace towards the two, "Gaeul-unnie!"

The duo looked over as the girl waved, the shorter of the two waving back before they began to walk towards the high schooler.

"Hey Yujin-ah, no clubs today?"

The said girl, Yujin, shook her head, "nope."

She then glanced over to the taller girl and waved, "hi! I'm Ahn Yujin, nice to meet you."

The girl, who was a little shorter than the puppy, shyly returned the wave.

"I'm Leeseo..."

Gaeul rubbed the taller girl's head, "I met Leeseo while volunteering at the middle school."

Yujin gasped, completely disregarding the different school uniforms, "you're a middle schooler? I thought you were in high school, you're taller than Gaeul-unnie!"

The older girl glared in annoyance, the youngest giggling at the duo's interaction.

Gaeul put a palm up towards Yujin to disregard her teasing, "any~ways, Leeseo, do you want us to walk you home?"

"Oh! I'm actually going to the high school right now, my sister goes there."

Yujin tilted her head, "oh? Who?"

"She goes by Liz? She's a second year student."

"Ah- I don't know a lot of second years..."

"Are you a third year, Yujin-unnie?"

The puppy grew happy from the new name, "yeah! I'm classmates and childhood friends with Gaeul-unnie."

As the trio began to walk back to the high school, Yujin snickered, "I used to be shorter than her once."

"Ah yahhh."

"You'll grow someday~"

"Sure sure..."

Gaeul shook her head, glancing at Leeseo, "does your sister not pick you up?"

The middle schooler shook her head, "her and a couple of her friends dance after school for fun, and when you guys end school early I join them."

The eldest gasped, "you dance, Leeseo?"