Ch. 28

"Ah yahhh that was mine!"

"Didn't have 'Choi Yena' written on it."

"Bruh Hyewon come on."

A figure on top of a roof glanced at the hand that was placed on her shoulder, the slender hand roughened from scars.

"We need to get her when she's without many of her friends."

The figure looked up at the red-haired girl, watching her put on a semi-burnt fox-like mask.

"You are not hesitating, are you?"

The hooded figure glanced back at the duck bickering about her food being taken once more, shaking her head as she formed glass to cover half of her face, alongside the rest of her torso and most of her arms and legs.

She began to walk away from the roof's edge, "no."

"This should be fairly simple, if the plan worked out as the man said, she should have had her memories lost. She wouldn't trust them as much as she did."

The figure nodded, the two walking to the other end of the building's rooftop.

"Hey Minju!"

"Yeah unnie?"

"Can you come here? There's-"

The two jumped down onto the floor, the short-haired girl who had her back turned whipping around from the noise.

Her eyes widened, but before she could say anything, the figure thrusted her hand out, hitting a pillar of glass to her stomach.

The force from the glass knocked the girl into an alleyway, the two masked girls walking in as Chaewon struggled to stand up.

She groaned as she held her stomach, taking a step back as she realized that she was cornered.

'Shit...'

She couldn't use her possession, that'd make her vulnerable for the person that wasn't under her control...

'Wait...'

She was knocked back by... glass...

And the figure had the bottom half of their face covered WITH glass.

"Yuri...?"

The figure's eyes subtly widened, but she turned her hands into claws, ignoring what she felt.

'She looks like... that boy from a month ago... Empty.'

Chaewon took a deep breath and another step back, "CHAEYEON-UNNIE! MINJU!"

'She's... being controlled...'

The two jumped, hearing two people speak outside the alley.

'She... knows them that well already?'

'Don't tell me... She remembers everything?'

"Chaewon! Where- Hey! Back off!"

A dancer sprinted over to Chaewon alongside Minju, the tallest of the three glaring at the two masked girls as she stood protectively in front of the short-haired girl.

But then the fox-masked girl gasped.

'H-huh?'

Chaeyeon's narrow eyes slightly widened as the masked girl mouthed her name, but before any of them could make a move, more running could be heard.

"Guys I heard them over here!"

"Chaewon! Chaeyeon! Minju!"

"Shit..."