Ch. 6

"Awe shit..."

The college graduate's eyebrows furrowed as she counted the money in her hands, sighing as she stuffed the bills in her bag.

"Less than last week..."

The woman tapped her chin as she packed up the box and folded the small table in front of her, thankful that the container had a strap so she didn't have to make two trips to her car down the street.

"I'll have to change up my selection... It is getting cold after all."

'20,000 won more to get over last week's amount...' ($20 USD)

She packed the things into the trunk of her car, "what do elementary school kids like during winter... goguma? Odaeng-juk?" (sweet potato // fishcake soup)

'This would have been easier with Oppa here...'

"Huh?"

The woman turned after hearing someone greet another with a friendly "unnie", glancing up at the sign above the glass walls and door.

KWON FLOWER STUDIO

"A flower shop?"

The college graduate peeked in through the windows, seeing all sorts of flora, alongside a woman paying the cashier for a flower.

She watched as the woman slid her wallet into her back left pocket, casually looking away as she was about to head back out.

"I'll be back Eunbi-unnie, let me just drop this off first."

Before the woman was lost from her sight, the twenty-two year old quickly followed her, out of sight.

'Hm... if I cut through this alleyway...'

She quickly ran into the alley, hoping her memory wouldn't fail her as she left through the other side.

'There.'

She began to walk back on herself, hiding a smile as the same woman came back into her view.

Thud.

"Ah- s-sorry miss."

The woman "accidentally" bumped into the stranger, hanging her head low as she began to walk away.

She began to quicken her pace ever so slightly, barely pausing when she heard the stranger's voice.

"Huh- hey!"

She ran as the woman realized her wallet was gone, hearing the stranger running after her as she dodged other people in her way.

'There's no way I'd unlock my car and drive off like this...'

The college graduate quickly dashed into the same alleyway as before, hoping to lose the stranger in the small maze inside before going back to-

"Hey."

The woman winced as her wrist was pulled up, turning slightly to face the stranger.

'She caught up to me that quickly?'

"I think you have something of mine."

"Aha... If you loosen your grip on my wrist I'll give it to you?"

'She's so strong what the fuck???'

"Very funny."

The woman dropped her eyes slightly, "well... You leave me no choice."

"Wh-"

"Ah- fuck!"

The woman quacked in pain as she shook her hand, "are you Superman's cousin or something?"