Ch. 3

"Hyewon, this is Eunbi, your neighbor. Be nice to her."

"Nae~"

An older woman rested a hand on the teenager, "we will be back before it gets dark. You have my number, yes?"

"Nae, I do."

"Call us if you need anything, there's food in the fridge."

"Yes ma'am, I will."

"Bye Eomma, Appa."

As the front door closed, the dark-haired girl sighed, leaving the older girl as she fell onto the couch.

Hyewon picked up a book from the coffee table, "I don't need a babysitter..."

Eunbi walked over, sitting on the opposite edge, "well, if I let you be, and you don't get me in trouble, it's a win win right?"

The twelve year old girl peeked up from her book, "what if I do get you in trouble?"

"You don't want this cool sixteen year old as your babysitter?"

"You're not very funny."

"Well, then I won't come back, and you might get some old person as your babysitter who will actually take care of watching your every move."

Hyewon flinched, going back to her book, "whatever..."

The two ended up doing their own thing in silence, the only sound being from a page being turned or the shifting of the couch.

Eunbi jumped as a sound suddenly produced from her phone, quickly turning the volume off.

"Is that the opening to Attack on Titan?"

The high schooler raised an eyebrow, seeing that Hyewon had not taken her eyes off of her book.

"You knew from that one sound?"

The girl shrugged in response, and after a few minutes Eunbi turned to face Hyewon again.

"Do you want to watch it?"

A moment of silence passed before Hyewon poked her eyes up from her book again. Without a word, she scooted closer to Eunbi, putting her book down.

"My parents don't like me watching anime."

Eunbi chuckled, "they're not here, are they?"

And that was the first time the teenager had saw the kid grin.

....

...

...

"I'm sorry for calling you here on such short notice."

"No no it's okay ma'am, don't worry about it."

"I don't know how soon I will be home, I've told your mother about it as well. Would it be okay if you stayed with Hyewon for tonight?"

"Yes of course, I'll take care of her."

Hyewon's mother squeezed Eunbi's shoulder, "thank you so much dear."

"Hyewon, I'll be leaving now, be good."

...

...

Her mother sighed, "call me if you need anything, Eunbi."