Ch. 26

"Oh my God Minju are you okay?"

"Hey Eunbi-unnie, and yeah I'm fine, just a little scratch."

"Go inside, I'll be right with y- Chaewon-ah what's wrong?"

With Eunbi calling out to the short-haired girl, Chaewon looked away, holding Minju's hand tighter.

"Unnie, we all need to talk, it's important."

"Some of the girls are already inside. Oh- Welcome!"

Minju nodded and let Eunbi work, giving Chaewon a reassuring look before leading her to the back.

"Guys we're back."

"Yah yah Kim Minju, did you fall again?"

"Wh-"

"She can't if she already fell for Kim Chaewon."

"I mean come on, their last names are already the same."

"WHAT."

Chaewon startled from Minju's sudden yell, a weird fluttering forming in her heart from what the girls inside had said.

"U-unnie, 'Kim' is a common Korean name."

Sakura shook her head, waving them over to the couch, "welcome back guys, what really happened?"

The two sat down, Minju thanking Sakura as she began to tend to the scratch on her arm.

"Well..."

Chaewon had brought herself closer to Minju as she was explaining things, her worry rising once more with the four new girls in the room. Her leg bounced as she gnawed at her tongue, her eyes flickering back and forth between the girls, Minju, and the room.

Yena tilted her head, leaning forward closer to Chaewon... Which made Chaewon pull herself even closer to Minju to back away.

"Yah Chaewon, what's wrong?"

'Everyone here knows me.'

Chaewon coughed, trying to play it cool, "n-nothing's wrong, it's cool, we're cool."

The duck-like girl, alongside the other three, all stared at her weirdly.

'Fuck.'

At that point of time, Eunbi entered in, "yah Yena were you making fun of Minju again?"

"Hyewon was too."

"Bruhh Saku-chan why aren't you on my side?"

As Eunbi settled down, Minju explained again, until Yena spoke up near the point where Minju stopped the first time.

"Minju."

"Yeah?"

"What happened to Chaewon?"

"That's... what I was going to bring up next..."

Minju sighed, "when the man killed the boy, Chaewon was inside him. I don't know how exactly it works or how it happened, but I guess that sudden broken connection messed up her brain."

"Wait what? I was... inside him?"

Minju grimaced, "yeah... you were... You possessed him."

"Possessed..."

Chaewon weakly chuckled, "you're kidding right? I can't do that, no one can!"

And with everyone's silence, her weak smile quickly dropped.

"What."

Minju glanced back at the rest of the girls, who now had worried expressions etched onto their faces.