Ch. 32

The highschool third-year ran towards the front door, fumbling to open it.

"M-my d-dad i-isn't a b-bad-"

She opened the door, only to take a step back in shock. Before anyone could do anything, a group of masked and geared guards rushed in, catching the others off guard.

"Unnie!"

"Let- mmph!"

One of the guards threw a small black box at Chaewon, the box shifting and latching onto her like a mask. As she tried to pull it off, someone got a hold of her, another restraining Hyewon with heavy blocks so she wouldn't be able to force her way out.

Yuri and Nako winced as steel ropes shot out from a contraption one of them held, both being bound tightly together, on the brink of falling. Another black box was thrown, this time to Sakura, but instead of covering her mouth, the box shifted to cover her eyes.

The others jumped as a burst of water was shot out at Chaeryeong, the red-haired girl unable to do anything but hold her arms up in a futile attempt to block the harsh-hitting water.

Soon enough everyone else was detained with their hands behind their backs, and no one dared to speak as one of the guards circled around them.

"He said only one of them isn't part of the group."

The same man walked over to Gaeul, the girl in turn freezing in fear.

He held up a photo, comparing them, "... Set her free after we leave, she's not a part of them."

"Sir, there's thirteen others, there's only supposed to be twelve of them."

The guard turned around, walking over as he glanced at the girl closest to the door.

Yujin tried to pull away from her detainer, "h-hey! Let my friends go!"

Hyewon, who was kneeling from the weight of her restraints, looked up with darkened, dull eyes.

"Friends? We're... your friends?"

Yujin stopped thrashing about, staring at Hyewon in a mixture of shock and pain.

'H-Hyewon...unnie...'

"What's your name?"

The high schooler looked down in defeat, her earlier resistance nowhere to be found as she stayed silent.

But then she winced as the man gripped her hair, forcing her head up to face him.

"What. Is. Your. Name."

"..."

He scoffed, letting go of her hair, "search her for an ID."

Yujin mumbled weakly as she heard someone go through her bag.

"Let them go... Please..."

"S-sir..."

"What is it."

The man grabbed Yujin's school ID, freezing as he read the name.

"Ahn...?"

He gazed at Yujin, speaking to the other guards, "bring the others besides her and the other girl out. She's free to go as well."

Yujin's head whipped up as they began to drag the other girls out, unable to believe what she just heard.

"W-wait- who are you! Let them go! Hey!"

The man chuckled, "I haven't seen you since you were a little kid... You grew tall."

'W-what?'