Ch. 5

TIMESKIP 1 MONTH:

"Since Q is less than K... The reaction will favor the products..."

A certain puppy wrote down the answer for her worksheet, scribbling down dissolution equations and ICE boxes and all things Chemistry/equilibrium related.

It took a few minutes for her to finish the end of her Chemistry worksheet she couldn't finish at school, the third year sighing as she put her papers back in her bag once she completed them.

"Done..."

Yujin took her circular glasses off, standing up from her desk only to belly flop backwards on her bed. She rolled over to her back, blowing away a strand of her hair as she stared at the popcorn ceiling of her room.

'Huh?'

Her bed was right next to a window, and from the corner of her eye, she saw a girl on the next door's roof.

'HUH???'

Yujin abruptly stood up and went to her window, seeing that there was really a girl on the roof, watching the sky from above.

'Wonyoung??? What's she doing up there????'

The girl in question felt as if she was being watched, so she looked around, seeing a light on in her neighbor's window.

'Oh, it's Yujin!'

She grinned, waving at the older girl who was still staring in shock from her closed window before looking down at her phone.

DING!

Wonyo: Unnie! Come over if you're free :)

Yujin: Ok 1

Yujin: WHAT ARW YOIU DOING UP THETE???

Yujin: 2

Yujin: I thought ur parents didnt like ppl coming over suddenly?

Wonyo: Ah-

Wonyo: Uhhhhh, can you hop the fence between our houses?

Yujin: 🧍‍♀️I can try but wont ur parents see?

Wonyo: Nah, their room's facing away from the backyard.

The older girl sighed, grabbing a jacket before walking out to her backyard. Her parents would definitely not let her do this.

'But they aren't home right now so...'

The fence separating their houses' backyards wasn't that tall, and after getting her footing onto a jutting out part that held the upright wood together, the puppy was easily able to jump across.

"Yujin-unnie, over here."

Yujin looked up to see that Wonyoung had made it to this side of the roof, crouching near a ladder that leaned against it.

The older girl sighed one last time before she started to climb the ladder, "Wonyoung-ah this is really dangerous. What are you even doing up here?"

The second year helped Yujin up onto the roof past the ladder, smiling cutely at her as straightened herself.

"You'll see, watch your step."

The bunny held the puppy's hand to guide her to the front of the house, and if holding hands were normal for friends...

Why were both of their hearts' running marathons?

Yujin had the excuse of being scared of walking on a roof.