Ch. 4

"Wow really? Thank you so much."

The pink-haired psychic chuckled as she cleaned up the deck of cards, "of course, keep on the path the universe has given to you."

Sakura looked up as she tidied the cards, tired blue eyes looking back at her, "hello, would you like a reading?"

The boy scratched his head, "um... How much is it?"

"All of my readings are free."

"Then yeah, I'd like a Tarot card reading."

Sakura nodded, holding up the deck of cards, "place your hand on the deck, and let go when you feel as if you should."

The boy did just that, the woman spreading the cards, "now, pick three that calls to you."

The teenager flinched as she flipped over one of the cards he picked, Sakura chuckling softly, "do not worry, Death does not imply anything bad."

She began to interpret the cards, pausing to look up at the boy when she was about to interpret Death.

"The Death Tarot card usually signifies a time of change and new beginnings, a fresh start, basically."

'Hm?'

She looked slightly past the boy's shoulder, 'ah...'

She reverted her eyes back to him, "have you lost someone recently?"

The boy flinched, looking at his shoes, "yeah..."

The figure behind his shoulder floated over to her, a chill sent down her spine as it gently rested a hand on her own shoulder.

"May I see your hands?"

"Ah- uh sure."

Sakura firmly held the boy's hands, staring gently into his eyes as a voice softly spoke in her ear.

"I know you're going through a hard time right now, but I promise things will get better soon... And I know that many people have told you that, but remember their love for you okay? It's still there, in your heart, even if you can't see them. I'm sure they want to see you grow into a strong, amazing young man."

With a small squeeze, she let go of his hands the same time the ghost had let go of her.

"May their spirit guide you, take care."

"Thank you."

The boy scrambled to find something in his pocket after eying the donations jar, "I uh- I don't have much but-"

"No no, it's alright, spend that on something you like."

"A-are you sure?"

Sakura smiled with a nod, "I'm sure, stay safe okay?"

"Ah- nae..."

After cleaning up the cards, Sakura looked behind her to see the boy walk away, the spirit following him with a hand on his shoulder.

She smiled, turning back around to see no more customers coming around.

'Huh?'

She paused as a familiar woman stared from afar, 'she's back?'

Seeing that there would be no more customers any time soon, Sakura waved at the Korean woman.

The woman flinched, walking over with her hands in her pockets as if she was caught in an act she wasn't supposed to be seen doing.

"We meet again."

Chaeyeon scratched her head as she looked away, "u-uh yeah... We do..."

"Lee Chaeyeon, correct?"