Ch. 38

TIMESKIP 1 MONTH

A young man glanced up, seeing a high school girl stare at him.

"Good afternoon, how can I help you?"

"Right now it's visiting hours, right?"

"Yes it is, would you like to see someone?"

The girl nodded and he pulled up a page on his computer, "who?"

"Ahn Intaek."

He glanced up again, staring at the girl who kept her blank expression.

...

...

The man sighed, "ID please."

The girl handed him her school ID, the man looking up again after reading her last name. He then noticed the blue dot, pulling up a scanner as he spoke once more.

'That man has a daughter huh...'

"Since you have an ability he will continue to be blindfolded during your visit."

'He's... blindfolded? ... Makes sense.'

He skimmed through the girl's ability information, handing her back her ID card.

"It's okay."

"Come again?"

"He doesn't have to be blindfolded, he can't do anything with my ability anyways."

After a few moments of silence, the man sighed as he stood up, "follow me please."

The girl followed him to a nearby room, and the two stopped at a security check.

"Bring out Ahn Intaek," he glanced at the girl, "they'll escort you from here."

She gave a small bow, "thank you."

"Please take out any electronic devices, and you're going to have to leave your bag here with me."

"Nae."

The girl did as she was told, walking through the metal detector before following the guard down the hall to the visitor center.

"He's on the far right. You have ten minutes, I'll bring you out when it's time."

"Nae, thank you."

The person nodded as they opened the door for her, a couple conversations being heard from the other visitors within the room.

She walked to the far end, revealing a prisoner with a very familiar haircut.

The man's eyes widened after seeing who wanted to visit him, mouthing her name through the glass that separated them.

The girl sat down, her head hung low enough so that she couldn't meet her father's eyes, but raised high enough for him to look at her.

There was a phone at the side of the booth, for the visitors to converse with the respective prisoner...

The girl made no move to reach for the phone.

She didn't look at him, but let her father look at her.

Let him see that she was wearing the glasses that he had gifted to her.

The man made no move to talk, he'd wait until his daughter spoke first.

He'd wait until she was comfortable.

So they both sat in silence, surrounded by others talking to their loved ones.

Soon enough ten minutes had passed, the guard from earlier walking in to bring the girl back out.

He noticed that the phone hadn't been moved at all, but he was in no place to ask questions.

"Times up kid."

The girl stood up and her father also stood for the guard on the other side to lead him away.

Only then did she look up, gazing at her father with flat eyes, taking in the colors that formed him for the first time.

The two met eyes, and then the girl walked away.

'I have the same colored eyes as him.'

She grabbed her things and bowed in respect to the guard, "thank you."

She headed outside glancing over to the woman who called her name.

She jogged over, sitting at the front seat, "thanks for waiting, Eunbi-unnie."

"Of course, ready to go? We're still a bit early."

"Yeah I am."

Eunbi rested a hand on the girl's shoulder, knowing that seeing her father after everything that happened must've been so hard for her.

"How are you feeling?"

...

"Our eyes are the same color."

To that the woman softly squeezed her shoulder, "hey... It's gonna be okay."

Yujin met her eyes, giving her a fairly confident smile.

"I know."