Ch. 35

...

...

...

GAME OVER.

Hyewon stared at her phone in silence, trying to ignore the other noises around the living room, especially Chaewon who was pacing around, back and forth, in front of the couch.

She started the game's level over again, only to startle and fall into a trap right away from Chaewon's sudden groan of frustration.

She peeled her eyes away from the screen, watching alongside a few others nearby as Chaewon ruffled and messed up her hair for the tenth time today.

"Fuck fuck fuck."

Hyewon sat up from her position on the couch as Chaewon kept talking to herself.

"Fuck- why did I do that? Why did I say all that to her???"

"Chaewon-"

"Damn it."

Minju stood up, gently holding her from behind, "unnie... Calm down."

Chaewon held the palms of her hands against her eyes, trying to ease her breathing as Minju rubbed her head.

Hyewon sighed, closing her game before standing up and walking over to the duo. She gently pulled the younger girl's hands away from her face, looking into her eyes.

Nothing needed to be said, they both felt it.

They both fucked up.

But who could blame them? They were both angry at Yujin's father, whether or not Yujin had anything to do with his experiments.

Chaewon groaned again, letting her hands fall to her sides.

"I'm free now, but at what cost? Look at how broken Yujin looked that night! She doesn't want to see us anymore, we don't know how she's doing, she doesn't even want to talk to Won-"

Chaewon paused, noticing a girl in a highschool uniform watching from the entrance to Eunbi's home from the flower shop.

"W-Wonyoung! How long have you been there?"

The tall bunny set her bag down at the entrance, "since you started cussing."

The short-haired girl frowned, walking over to Wonyoung, "Wonyoung-ah..."

But before anything else could be said, Wonyoung wrapped her arms around the shorter girl, giving her a hug.

"You were angry, all of you were."

She pulled away, "and once Yujin-unnie comes back, you guys can explain that to her."

Hyewon chuckled, "hey, for a kid you're quite wise."

The youngest girl frowned, "I'm almost seventeen."

"Yeah and Eunbi-unnie's almost ten years older than you."

"Yah I heard that Kang Hyewon."

Hyewon's eyes brightened as Eunbi alongside four other girls walked in, and she walked over to the eldest.

"Unnie~~"

The others watched as Hyewon clung onto the older woman, Eunbi looking away but unable to hide the soft blush that peppered her cheeks.

Yena raised an eyebrow, "yah Hyewon and you made fun of me for being like that with Yur-"

Hyewon gave the duck a glare and she raised her hands in defeat.

"Mihan mihan."

"How did the interviews go?"

Yuri glanced over at Hitomi, "went pretty fast actually, they just asked us questions about what happened while we were 'working' for that company."

Chaeryeong shrugged as they all headed inside, "and well, we don't remember much about what happened during that time so... yeah."

Nako tilted her head, "what about your IDs?"

Yuri and Chaeryeong both showed their ID cards for college.

"We're both red."

Ding!

Chaeyeon fished out her phone from her pocket, glancing over to Chaeryeong.

"Hey, Mom wants us both home for dinner, let's go."

Her younger sister's eyes lit up and she linked arms with Chaeyeon, "yeah let's go."

The siblings waved at the others, saying their goodbyes before heading out.

"Chaeyeon-unnie seems so much happier."

Sakura chuckled, "of course she does... She finally found the person she's been searching for this whole time."

Eunbi walked over to Wonyoung, resting a hand on her shoulder.

"Still nothing on Yujin?"

The tall bunny shook her head with a frown, "no... She hasn't answered her phone at all, and she's been avoiding me at school too. But..."

The others listened in as Wonyoung spoke more about Yujin.

"Gaeul-unnie recently came up to me, asking me how I was doing."

Wonyoung glanced at the others, "she could just be doing that to check up on me but..."

"Knowing Yujin..."

She met eyes with Yuri, "it was probably Yujin-unnie that asked her to check up on me. She asked how you guys were doing too."

Eunbi sighed, "well, we can only hope that Yujin will talk to us again soon..."

She squeezed Wonyoung's shoulder, "give her some more time... She might still be processing all that information about her dad."

"Yeah... Thanks unnie."

"How are you doing though? Is your arm better?"

Wonyoung glanced over at Nako as she sat down on the couch with the others.

"Yeah other than that I'm okay..."

She lifted up her short-sleeve, revealing a pretty deep, but healed scar.

"This one college student at the hospital had a healing ability so they were able to close up the wound."

"That's good..."

But even with that, Wonyoung replayed a scene in her head. She saw how angry Yujin got right after Wonyoung got hit by the glass shard. Yujin probably knew that she got hit instead of anyone else because of her ability...

She couldn't help but think that Yujin's also avoiding her because she got hurt.

Wonyoung let out a silent sigh, continuing to converse with the other girls as a certain puppy was on her mind...