Ch. 30

TIMESKIP 3 WEEKS

"You really got Gaeul's permission?"

"Yes, we did unnie. She said you guys can all come over. See, look at her message."

"It could be a monthly check-up I guess? And just hanging out too."

"Gaeul also said she's just taking Yujin and Wonyoung back home with her too today."

"I can go get food before they come?"

The group of eleven conversed a plan, when a sound produced from upstairs.

"What was that?"

"I think that was my phone, hold on."

Chaewon stood up, jogging up the stairs into the guest room to find that it was indeed, her phone that was ringing.

"Hi Eomma~"

...

...

"Eomma?"

Shaky breathing could be heard, and Chaewon's shoulders dropped as she heard her mom's voice.

"C-Chaewon-a-ah... Please come home..."

"Eomma? Eomma what's wrong? What happened?"

"Make sure she comes alone."

The unfamiliar voice made Chaewon tense with worry, and she began to walk out of the room.

"H-hey Eomma I'll be there soon okay? I- um- I need to get dropped off by someone but I promise I'll come inside myself."

As she quickly went down the stairs, she kept hearing her mother saying that she was sorry through the phone... Until the call ended.

'Damn it.'

"Chaewon-ah, what's wrong?"

The girl in question held her phone tightly, her eyes and expression in distress as she glanced at Eunbi.

"Eunbi-unnie... Can you give me a ride home?"

"Wait what? Chaewon-"

She went up and held Eunbi's arms, "please unnie, it's my mom, she's in danger."

Eunbi's eyes widened from her statement, and as she was pulling out her keys, Hyewon held Eunbi's shoulder.

"Let me come with, just in case."

Eunbi nodded, "let's go, the rest of you, stay here."

The others could only nod back as they watched Chaewon anxiously follow the two older women out the front door.

Chaewon's leg bounced in the backseat of the car as Eunbi began to drive, her fingers interlocking, squeezing themselves, itching at her hands. She couldn't stay still.

'Fuck fuck fuck.'

There was a lone black car a little away from her home, but who knows how many more there were, hidden from sight.

Chaewon took a deep breath as Eunbi stopped in front of her home.

"Please... leave. Thank you for the ride but you both need to leave."

Hyewon turned around from the front, "what? Hell no we aren't-"

"PLEASE, p-please... I don't know what they're going to do to my mom but I can't lose her either."

...

...

"I-I... need to be alone."

Eunbi and Hyewon looked at each other for a few moments, before glancing back at Chaewon.