Ch. 36

TIMESKIP 1 MONTH

A certain girl yawned as she was studying, 'maybe I should stop for tonight...'

Ding!

The girl reached for her phone as she rubbed her eyes with her other hand, tapping the notification and unlocking her phone without much thought besides from her being tired.

...

...

'Shit.'

Bunny <3: Yujin-unnie.

Yujin froze as she saw the text bubble and all the others she never opened, leaving Wonyoung on "read".

'Fuck I thought it was Gaeul-unnie.'

She watched as three dots kept popping up, and a minute felt like an hour until Wonyoung sent another message.

Bunny <3: Come up to the roof with me, please?

To that, Yujin glanced outside her window, seeing Wonyoung watching her from her roof.

...

...

...

Yujin sighed, "fuck it... I can't keep this up."

She put her study things away, standing up and stretching before heading out her room. She poked her head out of the hallway, seeing her mom watch a show on the TV.

She snuck out into the backyard, quietly closing the glass door before hopping the fence that separated her backyard from Wonyoung's.

Yujin walked up to the ladder that rested on the side of the house, sighing again before climbing up to Wonyoung's roof. She carefully walked over to the other side, sitting a little ways away from the younger girl in silence.

...

...

...

"Unnie..."

"How's your arm?"

Even with that simple question, Wonyoung felt a little better, hearing the girl's voice again.

"It's healed now... Just a little scar."

To that, Yujin looked away, "s-so uh- Anything new with the sunset today?"

"I just missed you being up here with me."

Yujin weakly smiled off into the gray-scaled sunset, "sorry Wonnie."

"I miss my puppy in general."

"..."

"We all do, it kills me that the only way I can know if you're okay is through Gaeul-unnie and your mom."

"Sorry... Wonyoung-ah..."

The bunny stood up, walking over to sit next to Yujin, which made Yujin turn her head more away from her.

"I... also talked to your dad."

That made Yujin flinch, and she finally looked at Wonyoung, "w-what? How?"

Wonyoung shrugged, twiddling her thumbs, "I visited him today during visitor hours."

"..."

The bunny glanced over from Yujin's silence, "unnie?"

"He hurt you, Wonyoung."

The puppy hesitantly reached over, feeling under the girl's sleeve at the deep scar on her arm.

"And I'll never forgive him for that."

Now it was Wonyoung's turn to be silent.

"Why did you visit him?"