Ch. 9

Don't tell anyone about that okay?

Appa, where are you going?

I'm just going to work, %&*#@-ah, I'll be back soon...

...

...

Hello! I'm Kim Chaewon, twenty-one years old... Nice to meet you!

Wahhh, you're twenty and a college senior? You must be smart...

...

...

She holds great potential...

She'll be useful later on...

...

...

Hello! I'm %&@ Chaewon, @$#&!% years old... Nice to meet you!

...

...

GET HER! Don't let her escape.

Hey- Hey! Get back here!

...

...

Hello! I'm...

...

...

She's going into the forest!

...

...

...

...

"Hmm... Video nature and use your tools to focus on..."

...

"Ah- crap I forgot the mic in Appa's car..."

'Ugh...'

"Huh?"

A black-haired girl gasped, her eyes flinging open from the nearby crunching of leaves and twigs.

"H-holy shit-"

She abruptly sat up from the new voice, groaning as she clutched her head, "ah- fuck..."

"O-oh my God are you okay?"

The girl quickly pushed the unfamiliar person away as they tried to hold her steady, stumbling up to her feet as she struggled to keep her balance.

"W-woah woah... I won't hurt you. Did you fall down this hill?"

The girl squeezed her eyes shut to clear her head before getting a good look at the person in front of her.

'H-huh? Who's she?'

"W-who are you?"

The escapee looked the new girl up and down, long black hair... dark eyes... a backpack slung over her shoulders and... a camera?

"I'm K-"

The stranger widened her eyes as the girl swayed in her spot, hurrying to hold her steady.

"Woah hey- You're pretty banged up, let me help you."

Feeling comforted by her presence, the girl weakly held her arm while the other held her throbbing head, "t-take... me away from here... please."

"Yeah, I got it. Come on, my dad's car isn't too far from here."

The stranger quickly put her video-camera away, wrapping one of the girl's arms around her shoulder as they walked through the forest. While watching for overgrown roots, she brushed away the loose leaves and twigs on the mysterious girl's figure, constantly asking if she was alright every time she groaned.