chapter two

Beatrice could feel movement by her head, slowly moving her fingertips as she gained feeling over her body again. The pounding in her head was dull now, causing the girl to take a deep breath before slowly opening her eyes. The sky was the first thing she saw, immediately remembering she wasnt in her room at base. She quickly sat up, searching around for the Na'vi who found her earlier. Beatrice found the Na'vi looking over her grove, inspecting the plants she had growing as an homage to the plants she had taken from. Feeling no threat, she looked back up at the sky to try and calculate how much longer she had before eclipse. Feeling safe with about an hour and a half, she looked back over at the Na'vi to find the male already staring at her.

"You planted these."

Beatrice nodded her head at his statement, slowly moving one of her bangs out of her face, quickly checking over the glass of her mask to make sure there werent any cracks.

"Why?"

"I wanted to give back to Eywa since i took fruit from her.." Beatrice let out softly, looking down at her hands as she crossed her legs in front of her.

"You are sky people, you do not care for Eywa." The male Na'vi walked in front of her, crouching down to face her. "What is the real reason?"

Beatrice flinched at his tone, her embarrassment for her own kind showing on her red cheeks. "I dont agree with my kind, sir. My mother and I never did. We only came here because we thought we were helping save our home. We didnt know they were trying to make a new one here.."

Beatrice looked up when she was met with silence, only to meet the Na'vis amber eyes, causing the girl to immediately look back down.

"You do not like your kind?" His voice was quiet, his tone changing after the girls confession.

"No."

"You do not wish to be with them?"

"No."

"What do you do for them?"

Beatrice sighed, looking over at the cart of fruit. She pointed to it, only looking at the Na'vi when his attention was on the cart. "I harvest for them. Sometimes, i make healing balms for the medical team."

"What about your mother?"

"She's dead."

The Na'vi looked back over at her at these words, a look of sympathy in his eyes before he changed back to the neutral composure. Beatrice looked back down, not wanting to be disrespectful. The Na'vi stood up suddenly, making Beatrice glance up at him for a moment. She noted his woven cummerbund, realizing he had to be apart of a "royal" family in the Na'vi ways.

"Stay here. Do not move. I will be back before eclipse."

Beatrice looked up at his words, her eyebrows scrunched in confusion as she watched the Na'vi wrap his bow around his shoulder. "What? Where are you going? Why can i not go back?"

"You do not wish to be with the sky people, yes?" Beatrice nodded slowly, meeting his eyes as he looked back over at her. "Stay here. Do not move." Beatrice let out a small huff at his words, finally nodding. He turned, starting to walk out of the small grove.

"My name is Beatrice." She let out, watching his figure move through the bushes. He turned his head back to her, looking her over before nodding, then disappearing. She sighed loudly, laying down onto her back, fiddling with her fingers as she stared up at the sky. She studied the two planets in her vision before looking over at the leaves in the trees that hung over her. Her mind raced at the possibilities of what was going to happen to her.

The Na'vi was somewhat kind, and seemed to want to "save" her from the sky people. That was his intention, right? Beatrice let out another sigh, closing her eyes and letting her mind drift off to memories with her mother, wishing more than anything she was there with her.