chapter thirtyfive

As Ronal walked back to the marui, wonder still racing in her heart after coming back from speaking with Eywa. She quietly stepped into the marui, looking around and seeing everyone asleep except for Neytiri who sat by Beatrices head, playing with her hair softly. At Ronals entrance, Neytiri jumped up silently, meeting her by the opening and following her back out of the pod.

"Beatrice did go to Eywa trying to sacrifice herself." Ronal spoke quietly, getting straight to the point. Neytiris hand raised to her forehead, disbelief on her face as she tried to come to terms with the fact that Beatrice was basically trying to kill herself. "Eywa says they are not done with their fate, though. There is still danger brewing." Neytiris heart dropped at the Tsahiks words, just wanting her family to be safe. "She said that Beatrice has a big part to play in it, Neytiri. But she will not tell me what." Ronal finished, confusion growing on Neytiris face.

"But she is so young, how is it supposed to fall on her?" Neytiri asked, Ronal sighing softly as she had no answer. Neytiri looked into the pod, looking over at each of her kids, her hand still grabbing her forehead. Neytiri looked back at Ronal, taking her hands gently. "Thank you, Tsahik. For everything."

Ronal nodded at Neytiris words, patting her hands gently. "Please let me know when Beatrice wakes." Neytiri nodded at her words, the two Na'vi letting go of each others hands before parting. Neytiri walked back to Beatrices head, immediately beginning to play with her hair once more.

"Mom?" A groggy voice pulled Neytiri from her thoughts, her eyes landing on Neteyam as he looked at her sleepily. She smiled at her eldest son, cupping his cheek gently. "Did Tsahik come back?"

"Yes, my son." Neytiri spoke gently, still in awe of how her son was back with them.

"Did she do it?" Neteyam asked softly, his eyes drifting to Beatrices face. Neytiri sighed, that being all the confirmation Neteyam needed. He sniffled as tears flooded his eyes, his head laying on Beatrices chest. "Why would she do that?" He whispered, his eyes looking up to his mother. Neytiri gave her son a sad smile, shaking her head softly.

"Love, my son." Neytiri whispered back, stroking her sons cheek. Neteyam sniffled again as he fought the sobs, guilt spreading through him as he begun blaming himself. He thought that Beatrice wanted to die, making him believe that when she woke everything would be different. "What is it, Teyam?"

"Why would she want to die, mom?" Neteyam asked softly, his eyes drifting to Beatrices features. Neytiri hushed her son gently, shaking her head rapidly.

"I do not think she wanted to die, Teyam. That is not why she did it. She was willing to give herself so we could be a family again.." Neytiri whispered, trying to get her son to understand. She knew exactly why Beatrice had done it, she would have done the same thing if she was in Beatrices shoes. As Neteyams mother, she had nothing but appreciation for Beatrice. But if it had not worked, and Neytiri could have lost Beatrice too, she did not think she could forgive Beatrice for her decision.

Neteyam nodded his head at his mothers words, lifting Beatrices hand to his lips and placing a gentle kiss. "She loves me? Still?" Neteyam asked, insecurity building. Neytiri couldnt help the smile that grew on her face, a small chuckle escaping her lips.

"You should have seen her, Teyam. She is... mighty. The things she did for you, to avenge you.. it is the definition of love. She loves you, so much."

Neteyam couldnt help the small smile that grew on his face, placing another kiss on her hand.

"I can not wait until we are both okay." Neteyam admitted, excitement building in his chest at the thoughts of everything they would do. Neytiris mind moved to the words Ronal said about danger growing, putting another smile on her face as she decided they would speak about that at another time. She gently stroked her sons face once more before moving her hand back into Beatrices hair, working on rebraiding some pieces that had started to come loose.