chapter twentyfive

Beatrice woke to the sun hitting her skin, confusing filling her mind as she slowly sat up. She looked down at the arm around her waist, memories of the day before filling her mind. The smile slowly grew on her face as she looked down at the sleeping Neteyam, blush rising on her cheeks. She leaned down, placing gentle kisses on Neteyams cheeks, watching as the man slowly woke with a smile. He looked up at Beatrice, immediately lunging up and kissing her deeply, his hand cupping her cheek. He pulled her down while he sat up, the girl squealing into the kiss as she laid in his arms, grabbing onto his neck.

Once the two pulled away from the kiss, lips lightly swollen, the two just stared at each other with bright smiles.

"How i missed you..." Neteyam whispered, gently stroking Beatrices cheek. Beatrice felt her smile somehow widen, leaning up and burying her head into his neck.

"Just do not fuck up again, Tey..." She whispered, her fingers playing with his braids. Neteyam hugged her tightly, shaking his head gently.

"We can go before Eywa now. I swear to you, Bea, i will always be yours." He whispered back to her, Beatrice sighing softly as she relaxed to his words. She placed a soft kiss on his neck, feeling his muscles under her tighten.

"Come, we should get back to your family." Beatrice spoke softly, slowly moving away from his neck. Neteyam groaned but nodded, the two standing before Neteyam brought her into another kiss. Beatrice giggled at his antics, pulling away after a moment and turning. Neteyam let out a call for his ikran, pinching Beatrices ass causing her to squeal and slap his chest, the cocky smile on his lips making her roll her eyes. The two made their way back to the beach, hand in hand as they laughed together as they walked back to the Sully pod.

As they walked across the sand banks, the both of their ears twitched as they heard a big group laughing before hearing Kiri yell. The two looked at each other before immediately setting off, finding Lo'ak being pushed around in a small group of friends, Aonung leading the bullying. Beatrice felt anger bubble in her chest, not knowing how Aonung could be caring then go on to bully the people he was seeming to try and understand. Neteyam went straight for Aonung, shoving him harshly as Beatrice grabbed Lo'aks hand, pulling him away from the group and to Kiri. Beatrice checked over the two carefully, sending hateful looks to the Metkayinas once she finished.

"You heard what she said." Neteyam spoke, his voice deep as he was stepping closer to Aonung. Beatrice rarely ever saw Neteyam this angry, chewing on her lip as she watched anxiously. "Leave them alone." Neteyam placed his finger against Aonungs chest, preventing Aonung from getting into his face.

"Aww, big brother coming to-" Aonungs friend started, immediately shutting up as Aonung raised his hand. Aonungs eyes found Beatrices, Beatrice sending him a firey glare in return causing his ears to lower. Neteyam raised his hand to Aonungs face, his tail flicking angrily behind him.

"Back. Off." Neteyam almost growled, pushing Aonung away with just a finger. "Now." Aonungs eyes met Beatrices once again, his hands coming up in surrender as he backed away. She let out a breath she didnt know she was holding, squeezing Lo'aks hand gently. "Smart choice. And from now on, i need you to respect my sister." Neteyam looked at all of the Metkayina boys as he finished, sending Aonung a glare.

One of the boys hissed at Neteyam, Beatrice hissing back at him instinctively. The boys looked at her with shock in their eyes, Neteyam smirking to himself as he watched the disappointment grow in Aonungs face. Aonung raised his hand to slap his friends chest, getting him to stop. Out of the corner of Beatrices eye she saw Kiri stick her tongue out at the boys, Neteyam finally turning back to Beatrice and his siblings. He grabbed the back of Lo'aks head, letting them go in front of him as they started to leave the sand bank.