chapter six

For the past couple of weeks, Beatrice and Neteyam would bring back a large haul before eclipse, Neteyams ikran being grumpy with him due to the heavy loud. As they landed tonight, they were laughing over something Neteyam had told Beatrice about, helping her down gently before lugging the heavy load off of his ikran. He pulled a fish from the net, feeding it to his ikran as an apology, his ikran immediately accepting and flying off. They both laughed at that, shaking their heads together. Some Na'vi came over to help the two carry the heavy load, and once placed properly, Beatrice grabbed the fruit and herbs she needed for Mo'at. Neteyam and her walked together, shortly landing at the Tsahiks tent.

"Grandmother?" Neteyam called out softly to the tent, a thick Na'vi voice returning his call letting Neteyam lead Beatrice in.

"Oel ngati kameie, Tsahik. I have the things you asked for." Beatrice shuffled the things in her arms to allow herself to do the motion, Mo'at smiling brightly at her. She patted the spaces in front of her, Neteyam following along and greeting his grandmother. Mo'at spoke to Neteyam in Na'vi, Neteyam nodding before turning to Beatrice.

"Very good. Very, very good." Mo'at said, smiling at the human. Beatrice blushed and smiled back before looking down at her lap, fidgeting with her fingers. Mo'at stood up, searching the room for a remedy she made earlier for Beatrice, the first couple balms she made not helping as much as Mo'at wanted them to. She started explaining it to Neteyam who listened carefully, and once she found the bowl she sat behind Beatrice.

"She wants you to put this balm on your temples every morning and night. Rub it in, too. It would work better if someone helped you." Neteyam translated, hiding the fact that Mo'at told Neteyam it would help them bond more if he were the one to help.

Beatrice nodded, sitting still as Mo'at started rubbing a small amount onto Beatrices temples, the balm leaving a tingly feeling on her skin. She found it very relaxing, like when she was young and her mother would play with her hair. Once Mo'at was done, she patted Beatrices shoulders and squeezed softly.

"All done. Take with you. Morning and night!" Beatrice nodded, taking the bowl gently with a smile. Beatrice listened as Mo'at explained something else to Neteyam, him nodding before turning to Beatrice again.

"She said to let her know when you are getting low, and she'll show you what plants youll need and how to make it."

"Thank you, Tsahik." Beatrice said softly, holding the bowl to her chest. The women smiled at each other before both getting up, Beatrice saying her farewell before exiting the tent.

"Ill be right there, Bea." Neteyam told her as she left, her nodding as she exited. Neteyam turned to his grandmother, thanking her.

"Thank you for helping her, grandmother."

"Of course, Teyam. It is clear that love is between you two, i will do everything Eywa allows to help you." Neteyam groaned at her words, his ears falling back in embarrassment.

"Grandmotherrr.."

"No, i dont want to hear it. I speak with Eywa, Neteyam. I know her plans with your relationship. You should stop fighting it and let it happen." Mo'at raised her finger to the male, causing him to duck his head and kick his feet nervously. He nodded to his grandmother, giving her his farewell before exiting the tent. He looked around, searching for Beatrice to find that his siblings had stolen her, making him groan again. He walked over to his siblings and shook his head as he heard them all laughing.

"Teyam! Come to get your girl?" Lo'ak asked, beaming at his older brother cheesily. Neteyam smacked Lo'ak on the back of the head, causing Lo'ak to whine and Kiri laugh. Beatrice raised her eyebrows at Neteyam, him just shaking his head at her. Beatrice rolled her eyes, turning to Kiri.