chapter twentyfour

anotha update cause we broke 500 views 🎉🫶

Beatrice woke the next morning, finding herself in someones arms. She quickly moved out of them, thanking Eywa she didnt wake Neteyam as she scrambled from his arms. Her heart raced as she continued to feel his touch on her skin despite no longer in contact with him, rubbing her arms slowly. She rubbed her eyes sadly, looking up and finding Lo'ak walking into the tent carrying wood. She gave him a confused look, him walking over to her after placing the wood down.

"For Neteyam, so he can carve more arrows." Lo'ak stated, sitting next to her and looking over at his brother still asleep. Beatrice nodded, following his eyes and watching Neteyam carefully. "What did you get him for his birthday?"

Beatrice sighed, pulling the necklace she made him out of her pouch. She handed it to Lo'ak, letting him look it over carefully.

"This is beautiful, Bea. I do not think he deserves it right now." Lo'ak said jokingly, causing Beatrice to tsk and shove her shoulder against his, smiling slightly. "But really, can you help me make something like this for Tsireya?" Lo'ak asked quietly, his cheeks turning pink. Beatrice smiled wide and nodded, taking the necklace back gently.

Neytiri and Jake entered the pod, tons of familiar foods in their arms. Beatrice smiled as she realized they were going to make Neteyams favorite breakfast, excited for a taste of the forest after so long. It didnt feel like it, but they had been with the Metkayina for a few months now, the time flying by. She knew they were getting close to becoming Metkayina, her heart aching for the forest.

As the two older Na'vi got to work making breakfast, Tuk and Kiri woke up, getting to work on finishing their gifts for Neteyam before he woke. Kiri was weaving him a new quiver, Tuk being the one to decorate it. Once it was finished, the two girls placed the quiver with the pile of wood from Lo'ak, Beatrice realizing she missed the theme.

"You could have told me there was a theme, skxawng." Beatrice nudged Lo'aks shoulder again, him chuckling at her. He shrugged, admitting he didnt know what Kiri and Tuk were doing.

Beatrice got up and moved towards the pile, placing the necklace behind the pile of wood gently. She sighed to herself before going to Neytiri and Jake, wanting to help somehow.

Neteyam woke up shortly after, the smell of breakfast waking him from sleep. He looked around confused at first, his hands searching the floor before retracting them to his lap, his ears lowering as he realization dawned on his face. Beatrice watched as he looked around, finally meeting her eyes. She gave him a small smile, turning and finding something to fidget with. Neteyam continued to watch Beatrice before getting tackled by his siblings, them all chorusing out a loud happy birthday! as he fell onto his back. They all laughed together, helping him sit back up as he thanked them.

Beatrice helped hand out breakfast, handing Neteyam his food. She kept her eyes lowered, but murmured out a soft happy birthday.

"Thank you, Bea..." Neteyam whispered back, Beatrice finally meeting his eyes. She nodded slowly, turning away and taking a seat next to Lo'ak, everyone digging into their breakfasts.

Once everyone finished with their breakfast, Tuk pulled Neteyam over to his presents, letting him go through them. He thanked his siblings happily, his parents coming up to him and whispering something into his ear. A blush rose on his cheeks as he nodded, thanking them. He finally noticed the necklace, gently picking it up and admiring it. Neteyam turned towards Beatrice, knowing it was from her, a shy smile on his face.

"This is amazing, Bea. Thank you..."

Beatrice nodded, a forced smile on her face before she looked back down at her hands. She fidgeted as the family started chatting with each other, deciding to start cleaning up while they celebrated.