chapter nineteen

The next morning, Beatrice woke slowly, lifting her head off of Neteyams stomach and looking around sleepily. It always made her smile when she saw the siblings piled on top of each other, Lo'ak laid across Neteyams legs with Kiris head on his back, Tuk laying with her legs across Neteyams chest. Beatrice slowly exited the pile, thankful she didnt get trapped down. She stretched, rubbing her eyes and looking around the marui for Neytiri and Jake, shrugging to herself when she didnt see them. The girl started to tidy up the pod, making sure to stay quiet.

After a little time, Jake and Neytiri walked in, carrying breakfast for the family. Beatrice greeted them happily, the two older Na'vi grinning at the girl. Once she had finished tidying up, she had started on Neteyams birthday present; a new necklace made from the string of one of their favorite trees, leaving spaces for seashells she planned to collect while they were out today. She quickly packed away her progress, watching as Jake started working on waking up the kids. It took some time, and lots of coaxing, but Jake was successful in waking each of his kids, all of them finding a spot around where Neytiri was finishing up breakfast.

Neteyam immediately searched for Beatrice, making himself comfortable next to her and intertwining their tails. It always gave Beatrice butterflies when Neteyam would wrap his tail around hers, the action alone making her feel like he could never get enough of her. The family begun chatting loudly, Neytiri passing out breakfast to everyone, glad everyone seemed to be in a good mood.

After an hour or so of eating and cleaning up, Tsireya cleared her throat gently as she stood at the entrance of the marui.

"Good morning everyone! We are just here to collect everyone for the first lesson." She said sweetly, all of the kids looking towards the parents for the go ahead. Once everyone was out of the marui, Beatrice watched as Tsireya, Aonung, and Roxto jumped straight into the water, shrugging herself before she jumped in. The water felt perfectly warm, immediately causing a smile to grow on the girls face as she swam after Tsireya, looking behind her to see Neteyam and Lo'ak jumping in, the girls not too far behind. Beatrice smiled as fish started to circle her, raising her hand to pet them gently. The girl looked around for Kiri, giving her an excited smile at how beautiful the reef was, Kiri returning one to her. Out of the corner of Beatrices eye she saw the three Metkayina start swimming deeper, causing Beatrice to follow excitedly. She watched as Tsireya turned and looked up at all of them, smiling wide. Beatrice watched Tsireyas hands move, recognizing sign language but not understanding unfortunately. The girls eyes turned and looked back up at Lo'ak, Neteyam, and Tuk, watching as they tried to swim down to where Beatrice was close to the Metkayina. Beatrices head swiveled around looking for Kiri, her eyebrows scrunching in confusion as she realized the younger girl disappeared.

Beatrices head snapped up as she saw the Sullys suddenly rush back up to the surface, looking over at the Metkayina and shrugging softly. She followed after the people she considered family, breaking the surface and turning to look for Kiri once again. The girl didnt even notice the Metkayina breaking the surface to join them, them being so silent in the water it was impressive.

"Are you alright?" Tsireya asked softly, meeting Lo'aks eyes before looking at the others concerned.

"Youre too fast! Wait for us!" Tuk whined, causing Beatrice to click her tongue sadly before swimming over to Tuk, brushing some braids out of her face. "Youre no better! Youre faster than us too Bea!"

Beatrice gave the small girl a wide grin, wiggling her eyebrows. "You just have to let yourself become the sea, sweet girl." Tuk giggled at Bea, causing the older girl to send a small splash to the younger one as Tsireya let them know to just breathe.

Beatrice turned as Aonung broke the surface quite loudly compared to his sister and friend, his eyes meeting hers before turning to Lo'ak and Neteyam.

"You are not good divers. Maybe good at swinging through trees, but.." Aonung started, Tsireya cutting him off as she smacked him on the head causing Beatrice to snort softly as she held back her laughter. She ducked her head down to hide from eyes, feeling Aonung staring at her and Neteyam grinning at her. She sent a splash to Neteyam, sticking her tongue out at him before beginning to turn and look for Kiri once again.