chapter ten

Neteyam visited Beatrice everyday for a month. Each day, Neteyam would sit by her side for most of the day, if not the entirety, if his father didnt need his help with war preparations. Every morning and night, he would continue to rub the remedy on Beatrice's temples as well, taking the opportunity to admire her face closely. He would hold her hand each time Norm needed to draw blood from her IV, placing a kiss on her forehead each time he finished.

This morning, Neteyam made his way to Beatrices bed, taking his usual seat as he gently took her hand. He leaned forward, placing a loving kiss on Beatrices cheek, whispering to her fondly.

"Good morning baby. I brought the necklace i have been making for you. I hope you like it, tute asevin." Neteyam took the woven necklace he made out of his pouch, leaning forward and slipping his hands under her neck, tying the strands together. He gently adjusted it on her neck, smiling to himself as he admired her. "My beautiful girl." He whispered, gently stroking hair out of her face.

Neteyam gently took Beatrices hand again, placing a gentle kiss in her palm before setting their hands down on the bed together. He lowered his head to also lay on her bed, closing her eyes as he played out scenarios in his head of all the things theyd do together once she woke up.

Neteyam let out a soft hum as he felt a hand stroking his braids, slowly opening his eyes and blinking slowly as he looked up at Beatrices face. His eyes met hers, causing Neteyam to shoot up from his seat.

"Beatrice! Oh, oeyä tìyawn, you are awake! Thank you Great Mother!" Neteyam shouted happily, his tail knocking into multiple things as he flicked wildly. Norm came running into the room, placing a hand over his heart as he watched the scene in front of him.

Beatrice smiled up at Neteyam as he kissed her hand repeatedly, cupping her cheeks and stroking it softly with his thumb.

"Im sorry, Nete.." Beatrice whispered out, her throat hoarse and sore from not speaking for so long. Norm quickly got a cup of water and placed a straw in it, handing it to Beatrice with a smile on his face.

"You really had us scared, Beatrice." Norm said gently, patting Neteyam on his shoulder, nudging his head at Neteyam. Beatrice smiled, shaking her head at Norm while laughing softly. She quickly took a drink, sighing happily as it soothed her throat.

Beatriced watched as Neteyam pressed the mic on his throat, letting his family know that Beatrice woke up. He frowned as he listened to them reply, huffing as his ears lowered slightly.

"My family is on their way, oeyä tìyawn." Neteyam leaned down and kissed Beatrice on the forehead, causing Beatrice to blush darkly. Neteyam admired Beatrices blush, smiling widely at her before turning to Norm. "When can she be free of all of this?"

"Let me run more bloodwork and then i can let you know." Norm responded, Neteyam nodding his head in response. Beatrice noticed Neteyams ears twitch, him placing a kiss on her head before taking a step back. Beatrice looked at him confused before she heard people shouting her name, her head snapping towards the door as the three Na'vis came running in, all jumping onto Beatrice and hugging her tightly. She let a yell of surprise out, laughing happily as she attempted to hug them all back at the same time. She looked up and smiled as Jake and Neytiri walked in, brushing her hand down her nose as a hello. Neytiri raised her hand to her lips, trying to contain her smile as she watched everyone happily. Tuk immediately started going into detail about everything Beatrice had missed, Lo'ak chirping in every once in a while. Beatrice looked up at Neteyam who was stood against the wall, just watching her and smiling. She gave him a small smile back, blushing once again. Suddenly the memory of Neteyam flirting with another Na'vi popped into her mind, causing her heart monitor to speed up as she frowned slightly, looking away from Neteyam, causing Neteyam to feel the guilt rise in his stomach all over again. She focused her attention back on Tuk, listening as she ratted out her siblings for being so depressed while Beatrice was in her coma.