chapter twentytwo

Beatrice felt herself being picked up gently, fading in and out of sleep. She didnt bother to try and figure out who was carrying her, just focusing on the warmth the person held. She curled up against their chest, relaxing as they softly hummed to her.

She felt her eyes burn slightly against the light that was against her eyelids, shouts of worry meeting her ears suddenly. The person carrying her back to the village called back out to them, letting them know she was okay. Beatrice raised her head slightly recognizing the voice, looking up at the face of who found her.

"Aonung?" She asked quietly, him looking down at her.

"It is okay. Toruk Makto is heading over here now." He quietly responded to her, confirmation ringing in her ears as she heard Jake calling her name as he ran over to them. Her ears perked up as she heard Lo'ak yelling for her as well, Kiri and Tuk following behind loudly. Beatrice gently tapped Aonungs arm, silently asking to be put down, Aonung following her request.

"Thank you, Aonung..." Beatrice whispered, giving the taller Na'vi a smile. He gave her one back, shaking his head.

"If you ever need to talk, i am here." He responded softly before Jake finally made it to where they were standing, grabbing Beatrice and looking her over for any injuries. Beatrice smiled at Aonung once more before he began walking away, her attention moving towards Jake.

"I am fine, i just fell asleep. I am sorry." She mumbled out, becoming more and more embarrassed. Lo'ak finally ran up, tackling Beatrice in a hug, a loud grunt escaping Beatrices lips at the impact.

"You can not do that, Bea! We were so scared! I was so scared!" Lo'ak yelled in her ear, his voice cracking slightly. Beatrice pulled him into a hug, apologizing softly to him. He hugged her tightly, Beatrice feeling his hands shaking as he held her. She felt more weight jump onto the two, Kiri and Tuk joining their pile as they yelled at Beatrice. She took the yelling quietly, apologizing to them genuinely. Beatrice just shook her head at their questions as to why she disappeared, Lo'ak tensing next to her. She finally got a look at him, her hands reaching for his face as she saw a bruise forming on his cheek.

"What happened?!"

"Well uh.. i just got so angry at Neteyam.." Lo'ak mumbled, his head ducking down.

"Oh my Eywa.." Beatrice whispered, more to herself. "He hit you?" She asked, anger filling her veins. Tuk stepped into the conversation, her voice filled with confusion as she explained.

"Lo'ak had dragged Neteyam to mom and dad. Kiri took me out of the pod, but there was a lot of yelling and you could hear them fighting. Dad got really angry.." Beatrice pulled Tuk to her, giving her a tight hug as she sighed at Lo'ak.

"I wish you did not do that, bubba.." She murmured to him once Tuk was back in Kiris arms. Lo'ak just shrugged, rubbing his arm.

"He made you upset.."

"He is your brother, bub.." Beatrice whispered to him, the two following Jake and the girls back to the pod.

"Yeah, but you are my sister." Lo'ak responded, his eyes staring at his feet as they walked. Beatrice stopped walking, causing Lo'ak to as well, the girl fighting the tears in her eyes at Lo'aks words. She pulled him into another tight hug, her head burying into his neck. "I love you, Bea. I will always stand up for you." Lo'ak whispered to her, causing a tear to slip from her eyes. She gave him one more squeeze before pulling back, cracking a small smile.

"I love you too, bubba. But please, no more fighting with your brother." Lo'ak simply shrugged, the two following after his family once again. As they got closer to the pod, Beatrices ears twitched as she heard Neytiri yelling at her son, causing her cheeks to heat up.