chapter twelve

thank you for over 100 reads :,)

A few weeks later, before eclipse ended, Norm found himself jumping awake. He rubbed his eyes, looking around confused, searching for any reason he could have been startled awake. Finding nothing to blame, he slowly climbed out of bed, getting ready for the day, brushing it off.

As he made his way to the lab, passing the locked doors to the growing avatars, Norm paused. He felt anxiety grow in his stomach, causing Norm to turn back to the door, not understanding his own actions. He quickly punched in the code, sliding into the room and searching around slowly. As his eyes roamed the room, his breath caught in his throat as his eyes landed on the growing avatar in the back, Beatrices avatar. His feet quickly ran over to the tank, his hands landing on the glass as he looked over the avatar carefully, shock evident on his face for no one to see.

Norm stared at the fully grown avatar, his head trying to figure out how she had grown so quickly. If he remembered correctly, she should have had another few weeks left, his feet taking him to the computer to look over the stats. He stared in shock as the computer showed him that Beatrices avatar was ready, a small smile growing on his face as he pictured the kids faces.

As Beatrice waited outside the lab for Neteyam, kicking her sneakers into the ground gently, huffing to herself over having to tuck her hair behind her ear due to it not being tied by a hair tie. She shook her bangs out of her face as she looked up and around, searching for the Na'vi, growing impatient.

She heard his call before she saw him, her head spinning around searching for him. She smiled wildly when she finally caught sight of him, running over to his outstretched hand, a smile on his own face. They quickly ran over to the ledge, Neteyam letting out another call for his ikran. The two quickly took flight, excited to be together for most of the day and harvest before Neteyam joined the war party on a run the next morning.

They flew to their usual spot, a small clearing surrounded by the lush forest and close to it a lake. The two landed, Neteyam helping Beatrice down as always before unloading the nets and bags they brought with them. Beatrice lovingly stroked Neteyams ikrans neck, making sure to not look him in the eye. She giggled as the ikran nudged her shoulder, seemingly giving her a hug. Neteyam just looked at the two shell shocked, placing a hand over his heart.

"I feel betrayed!" He whined, pouting. Beatrice laughed at him, shaking her head.

"He just likes me more than you, get over it!" She teased, sticking her tongue out at the Na'vi. She went back to loving on the ikran, placing her forehead on the ikrans as he let out a chirp. Neteyam chewed on his lip slightly, more jealous of his ikran receiving Beatrices affection, the ikran receiving more affection from Beatrice in this moment than Neteyam has received in weeks. He decided not to speak of it, nervousness growing in his chest. Instead, he gently patted his ikrans neck, placing his bow around his shoulders with his quiver. Beatrice looked back at Neteyam, taking a step back as his ikran flew off. She gently shoved the Na'vi, giggling as she saw the jealous look on his face. She happily grabbed the bags for the berries, eyeing Neteyams bow.

"Will you teach me how to shoot?" She asked suddenly, a smile growing on Neteyams face. He nodded quickly, taking her hand and the nets with his other, the two happily skipping off to the lake.

The two quickly set up their supplies, Beatrice wiping her hands on her shorts as she watched Neteyam explain his bow to her. He demonstrated, aiming at a tree across the lake, taking a deep breath from his stomach, and pulling the string back as far as it would go before letting it loose, the string snapping against his protective forearm band as the arrow hit its mark. He smiled cockily at Beatrice, his tail flicking happily as the human clapped for him. He handed her his bow, circling around her as he helped her form. His eyes narrowed on her form as Beatrice tried to stay focused on the target, his hands distracting her every time they touched her to adjust something in her form.