alternate ending

so i have to be honest with you guys. this book was meant to be short and sad. so here is the original ending i had in mind because i might be gone for a while. reread from chapter twelve if you want the full pain. love yall🫶

Neteyam tried to scoop Beatrice up as gently as he could, cries of pain leaving the humans lips resulting in the tears in Neteyams eyes to fall. He quickly ran to the field, calling out for his ikran and whispering soothing words to Beatrice as his ikran landed. He somehow managed to climb on, his hands slick with Beatrices blood and covering his ikran with it, causing nausea to rise in his throat. The two took off as fast as possible, Neteyam keeping Beatrice close to his chest. Beatrice kept her hands over her wound obediently, placing as much pressure as she could muster. She stared up at the Na'vi, tears continuing to leave her eyes.

"Neteyam.." she whispered out, Neteyam glancing down at her with a face full of fear before looking back up, his attention of getting her to the Tree as quick as possible. "Neteyam te Suli Tsyeyk'itan." Beatrice spoke again, her voice more firm. Neteyam could see hundreds of ikrans flying to where he was going, urging his ikran to move faster before looking back down at Beatrice, his attention on her now.

"I am so sorry Bea.. you have to keep fighting. We are almost there, you have to keep fighting. I can not lose you." Neteyam cried, tightening his grip on her body. Beatrice took a shaky breath, looking over the tear streaks on her Na'vis face. He was always hers, and she was always his.

"Neteyam te Suli Tsyeyk'itan, oel ngati kameie. Nga yawne lu oer. I see you, Neteyam. I love you. " Beatrice spoke out, finally telling him she loved him. Neteyam let out a loud heartbroken cry, his ikran crying out from the rush of emotions. The Na'vi placed his forehead against the top of Beatrices head, sobbing with Beatrice.

"Oel ngati kameie, oeyä tìyawn. Nga yawne lu oer. Fight for me, baby. Please.." Neteyam responded, causing a smile to grow on Beatrices face. She nodded her head slowly, raising her hand and cupping his cheek. He placed multiple kisses over the top of her head, tears dropping onto her hair softly. "I love you so much, Beatrice." Beatrice enjoyed the flutter of her heart at his words, swallowing roughly and fighting the coughs that were building up.

Neteyam turned his attention back to the other ikrans flying, finally seeing his People on the backs and all heading to the Tree of Souls. He urged his ikran to fly faster, sobs slipping from his lips every few moments. Beatrice just admired her Na'vi, trying to soak in every detail she could as she felt the feeling of impending doom sink into her skin. She stayed quiet, the tears no longer slipping from her eyes, content.

Beatrice felt them start circling, letting out a soft grunt as they landed roughly. She heard Neteyam call out for his mother, but his voice sounded far away despite him holding her. She swallowed once again, determined to hold on as long as she could.

Neteyam ran up to his mother and grandmother with Beatrice in his arms, not noticing his siblings off to the side holding each other as they cried. Neteyam quickly placed Beatrices body where Mo'at told him to, his hands moving over to her wound to apply more pressure once again as Neytiri kneeled with him, softly combing her fingers through Beatrices hair.

Beatrice looked around, her vision blurred, causing her to blink numerous times before being able to see. The first thing she saw was Neteyam, causing another smile to grow on her face despite the events going on. Neteyam noticed her smile, a sad smile growing on his face as he shook his head at her, tears still falling from his eyes. Neteyam looked around, finally catching sight of his siblings and nudging his head, calling out for his brother.

Lo'ak raced over, placing his hands on top of his older brothers to help add pressure, causing Beatrice to let out a hiss of discomfort. Kiri and Tuk followed over, each other of them taking one of Beatrices hands. The human flinched as she felt something break through her skin behind her neck, feeling her body go still. Her eyes continued to look around, admiring the Tree of Souls before looking at the family she made.