chapter twentyone

i never expected to get this amount of views on this story this is fckin bonkers

Beatrice sat between Neteyam and Lo'ak the next morning, across from Kiri who sat between Roxto and Tsireya. The circle of kids listened carefully to Tsireya, taking in deep breaths, Roxtos hand movements continuing to catch Beatrices eyes as she mimicked his motions with her breath.

"Breathe in.. and breathe out." Tsireyas tone was gentle and calm, causing Beatrice to relax immensely as she listened to her instructor. "Imagine flickering a flame. You must slow down your heartbeat."

The loud deep breaths of the group seemed to echo against the water crashing against the rocks around them, little sprays of water hitting Beatrice on the back every once in a while. Her attention was pulled as she watched Tsireya lean over and place her hands on Lo'aks chest and stomach, continuing to instruct the groups breathing. Beatrice couldnt stop the small smirk growing on her lips, her tail flicking against Neteyams back to grab his attention.

"Breathe in from down here." Tsireya told Lo'ak, shifting her hand on his stomach lightly. "Breathe out slowly." The group exhaled their breath slowly, all eyes on the two youngest. Beatrice watched as Lo'ak looked over Tsireyas face carefully, her attention on watching Lo'aks breathing.

"Lo'ak, your heartbeat is fast." Tsireya softly spoke, causing Beatrice to hold back a snort of laughter as she watched Lo'aks face darken slightly. She watched as Lo'ak apologized, Tsireya continuing to instruct him on what to do. Beatrice looked over at Neteyam and snickered with him, the two looking over at Roxto and all grinning slyly. Kiri rolled her eyes at the three, causing Beatrice to pout at the younger girl, a smile growing on Kiris face as she shook her head slightly.

Once the small group finished with the breathing lesson, Tsireya decided to test them on their breath holds. The group raced to a sand bank where they each called out for the ilus, Beatrice splashing Kiri playfully. Kiri immediately went after Beatrice, the older girl squealing as she hopped on an ilu and took off quickly. Beatrice looked behind her and saw Kiri on her own ilu chasing after her, causing Beatrice to take a deep breath and urge her ilu to dive quickly. The chase lasted for some time before Beatrice giving up, Kiri tackling her into the water and the two having a water fight.

After some time, Tsireya concluded the days lesson, Beatrice and Neteyam immediately bolting to each other. Neteyam grabbed Beatrice hand and pulled her back towards the ilus, hushing the girls confused comments.

"I am taking you somewhere i have wanted to show you since we arrived, now hush baby." Neteyam spoke, climbing onto an ilu with Beatrice behind him. He held onto her thigh as Beatrice wrapped her arms around his waist, the two breathing deeply before diving under the water. The ride didnt take long, Neteyam taking Beatrice to a small hidden cove along the barrier of the reef, no other person in sight. As the two broke the surface in the cove, Beatrice looked around amazed as the vines blooming with flowers laced over the curved walls, the only light shining in through the opening at the top. The two climbed off the ilu, Beatrice immediately going to touch the flowers with admiration. Neteyam stood by the edge of the water admiring Beatrice quietly, a bright smile on his face.

Beatrice turned after a moment, her eyes meeting Neteyams, a joyful expression on her face. He walked up to her and cupped her cheeks, leaning down and kissing her sweetly.

"This is our little secret, mamas. Only ours." Neteyam spoke softly, his thumb gently stroking Beatrices cheek. She smiled brightly, her eyes closing as she leaned into his hand. He leaned down and kissed her forehead, gently leading her over to spot where they could sit, Beatrice sitting between his legs with her back on his chest.

"Your birthday is only a couple days away, Ma'Teyam." Beatrice stated, playing with his hand. "What did you want to do for it baby?"

"Hmm..." Neteyam thought quietly for a moment, his free hand playing with Beatrices queue. "Maybe we could go flying?" He asked, shrugging softly.