chapter eighteen

As the Sully family and Beatrice followed after Tsireya, Beatrice couldnt help but giggle as she watched Tuk bouncing on the woven paths, smiling as Kiri hurried the youngest along. As they all ducked and swerved to prevent their heads from hitting hanging pots and such, Neteyam would consistently look over at Beatrice to make sure she was okay. He could only smile as he saw the wide smile on her face as she admired their surroundings, causing his own face to mirror hers.

As they finally walked up to their new home, Beatrice rolled her eyes as Neteyam nudged her in front of him, knowing it was so he could make sure everyone was accounted for.

"This is for you." Tsireya spoke, nodding her head at the family as she stood by the entry way. Jake walked in, looking around as the rest of the family gathered in. "Your new home."

"Yeah, this will work. This is great! This is nice, right?" Jake spoke, looking back at his family as they took in their new home. Beatrice looked over at Neytiri, frowning as she watched Neytiri remain silent and throw the rug she held down onto the floor. Beatrice looked over at Neteyam, feeling his tail intertwine with hers in comfort. The two nodded to each other, Neteyam sighing softly as he placed the bags he was holding down, his tail letting go of hers as he grabbed Lo'ak, the boys making their way back to the ikrans to get the next round of bags.

Beatrice immediately got to work helping Neytiri unpack as Tuk started playing with things, Kiri trying to watch Tuk and help unpack at the same time. Beatrice looked up in time to witness Neytiri hissing at Jake as he tried to take something from her arms, the girl frowning at the interaction. Her heart broke for Neytiri, completely understanding her pain of having to leave her home too soon. Beatrices memories of Earth were faint, but still sent a pang of sadness through her chest.

After a while of the family, minus Lo'ak and Neteyam, unpacking and setting up the new home, Jake started trying to haul everyone together. The boys had come back just in time for the family meeting, Beatrice waiting at the entry way, unsure if she should partake in it. Neytiri grabbed Beatrices hand, giving her a sad smile before pulling her back into the pod, patting the back of Beatrices head lovingly as Beatrice felt her heart explode from happiness. Neteyam sat next to Beatrice, Lo'ak sitting next to him, as Kiri placed herself on Beatrices free side.

"Okay. I need you kids to be on your best behavior. I mean it. Learn fast, pull your weight." Jake looked over at Lo'ak, a stern look setting on his face. "Dont cause trouble. You got it?"

Neteyam smiled boyishly, grabbing onto the back of Lo'aks neck playfully, causing Beatrice to smack his arm before Lo'ak hissed, snapping at his older brother. Neteyam immediately ducked his head, realizing it was the wrong time to tease his baby brother, causing Beatrice to fight the laughter from seeing Neteyams reaction. Her attention was immediately pulled from Neteyam as she heard sniffles, her head snapping over to Tuk as her heart broke at the girls cries.

"I want to go home!" Tuk expressed, Beatrice nearly crying herself at her tone.

"Oh Tuk.." Neytiri spoke softly, fighting tears herself.

"Tuk, this is our home now." Jake gently grabbed his youngests hand as he spoke to her, looking back at his other children and Beatrice. "We're gonna get through this. We're gonna get through this if we have each others backs. All right?"

"What does your father always say?" Neytiri asked her kids softly, looking over at her sons.

"Sullys stick together." Neteyam and Lo'ak spoke at the same time, causing Neytiri to look at Kiri at her silence. Neytiri gently placed a hand on Kiris leg, rubbing lovingly.

"Thats right, Sullys stick together. Now this time with some feeling." Jake spoke up again, looking over at Kiri as well.

The children rang out in a chorus of "Sullys stick together", Neteyams tail flicking against Beatrices back gently. Everyones ears started twitching as they heard footsteps coming up to their new home, Beatrice turning and being able to see Tsireya walking up to their pod once more with little bundles in her arms. Tsireya gave her a beaming smile, Beatrice unable to not return a bright smile to the young girl.