chapter thirtytwo

"Talk to me, Corporal. This ships going down, with your girls on it."

Beatrice squeezed her eyes shut tighter, her head throbbing as she slowly came to. Slowly, she felt her fingertips down to her toes, her eyes slowly opening as she realized she was tied to the railing, Kiri and Tuk next to her.

Something was wrong.

Beatrice took deep breaths as she tried to find the answer, her eyes roaming her surroundings. There was something missing, what was it? She quickly looked over her hands and legs, flicking her head so her queue came forwards on her shoulder. She had everything, what was missing?

"Your boy didnt have to die."

Beatrice froze as it felt like ice cold water poured over her head, realization making her even colder. She could feel Kiri and Tuks eyes on her, her eyes slowly raising to them as her breath became labored.

Neteyam was dead.

Her head slowly moved to where Quaritch had his back to the girls a few feet away, sound fading in and out as her mind raced.

Neteyam was dead.

Dead.

Dead.

DEAD.

Beatrices body was suddenly jolted as an explosion went off on the ship, her body flying for a moment before landing harshly on the metal floor.

Dead.

Her head turned as everyone started taking off, the gunshots ringing in her ears as everyone went after Jake.

Dead.

Beatrice watched as Quaritch stayed hidden behind some boxes in front of the girls, her hearing fading in and out as she heard Jake and Neytiri yelling out as they fought. Her eyes moved to the band across her wrists, keeping her bound and unable to help. She began yanking on the cuffs, ignoring the pain seeping into her wrists, hissing in frustration.

Dead.

Everyone froze as a man fell next to Quaritch, Neytiris arrow sticking straight out of his stomach. An evil smile grew on Beatrices lips, seeing the fear in Quaritchs face.

"That is right. They are coming for you." Beatrice snarled, Quaritch looking back at the girls with his knife in his hand. Beatrice hissed at the avatar, smirking as Tuk joined her. Beatrice snarled as Quaritch walked over to them, cutting Kiris handcuffs and grabbing her roughly. She lunged for Quaritch, her teeth snapping onto his arm and ripping a fairly large chunk out, Beatrice spitting it in his face.

"You fucking animal!" Quaritch yelled out, smacking Beatrice roughly. He roughly pulled Kiri away from the girls, Tuk cuddling into Beatrices side in fear.

Dead.

Beatrices head snapped to the side, a snarl already growing before she recognized Jake. He quickly ran over to them, not meeting Beatrices eyes as he cut Tuk loose first. Once he got to Beatrice, his sad eyes met hers as he cut her free, confirming Beatrices gut.

Dead.

Beatrice watched as Jake asked where Kiri was, Tuk immediately responding and Jake getting into gear. Beatrice slowly walked away, knowing Tuk was safe now. Her eyes landed on a knife a few feet away, immediately heading towards it and picking it up. The womans ears twitched as she heard Quaritch using Kiri as bait, Neytiri coming in suddenly and holding Spider roughly. Beatrice slowly climbed up the boxes behind Quaritch, peeking over the edge of the top one as she waited for the moment.