chapter twenty

another update cause we're almost at 400 views :,)

Once training with the ilus finished up, Beatrice made her way over to Neteyam with a smile on her face, still feeling excitement run through her veins after mastering an ilu the first time she was on it. The smile slowly dropped as she got closer to Neteyam, feeling angry energy emitting from him almost immediately.

"Ma'Teyam?" Beatrice spoke softly, her tail flicking behind her anxiously. Neteyam looked over at her, huffing. Beatrices ears dropped to her head, confusion filling her face. "What is wrong?"

Neteyam simply shrugged at her, looking away from her eyes as he continued to play with the small fish that had come up to him. Beatrice chewed on her lip nervously, walking up to him once again and placing a hand on his arm. "Ma'Teya-" The girls words were cut off when Neteyam yanked his arm from her grasp, causing Beatrices mouth to crack open slightly with shock. "Neteyam!"

"What?" He responded harshly, causing a pang of hurt to spread through Beatrices chest.

"What is the matter! You never treat me like this, what is going on?"

Beatrice watched as Neteyams shoulders dropped slightly, his ears lowering as his tail flicked behind him. He stayed silent though, causing Beatrice to let out an exasperated sigh.

"You say you love me.. and you want to be with me. You do not treat the people you love and want like this, Neteyam." Beatrice spoke firmly, despite the tears welling up in her eyes. Neteyam tilted his head to the side slightly, a frown growing on his lips. The girl huffed loudly as he continued to refuse to speak with her, the tears she was fighting starting to win and slip from her eyes. She wrapped her arms around herself, turning on her heel and walking away from Neteyam, sniffling softly. Neteyam watched her walk away, not knowing why he couldnt just admit to her that he was jealous. He hated how Aonung kept looking at his love, wanting to rip the eyeballs out of Aonungs skull to prevent it.

As Beatrice walked away from Neteyam, wiping her face as discreetly as she could, she turned once she heard footsteps running up to her. She felt her heart race as she thought it to be Neteyam coming to apologize, but instead felt a small crack break into her heart as it was just Lo'ak running over. She quickly looked away and wiped her eyes once more, turning back to face the younger brother with a forced smile on her face.

"Hey bubba, whats up?" Beatrice asked softly, tsking as Lo'ak nudged her hip with his as they begun to walk together.

"I saw.." Lo'ak admitted up front, the forced smile slipping from Beatrices lips at his words. She sighed softly as she fought the tears once again, ducking her head to watch the sand as they walked.

"Your brother is a penis face."

Lo'ak laughed loudly, shaking his head. "I know. Come on, lets go hang out to get your mind off him. I wanted to pick some seashells for mom." Beatrice couldnt help but smile at his words, nodding her head.

"And Tsireya?" She asked teasingly, finally looking back up at Lo'ak and wiggling her eyebrows. Lo'ak huffed and shoved her shoulder gently.

"And Tsireya.." He grumbled in response, causing Beatrice to giggle.

The two made their way to a cove off of one of the sea banks, immediately setting to work on looking through the sand for seashells. Lo'ak set his small pouch up to the side of them so they could go through the haul once they were done, the two chatting mindlessly while they dug through the sand.

As Beatrice found a beautiful turquoise colored shell, she gently placed it into the pouch, her head turning to Lo'ak as he spoke up.

"You love my brother, dont you?" Beatrice sighed softly as Lo'ak met her eyes, nodding her head.