chapter thirtythree

800 views, this if fckn bonkers thank you so much

Beatrice gasped for breath as she startled awake, her hand coming up to her chest where the false pain pulsed against her skin. Her head circled around quickly, the woman searching for any danger as she took deep breaths. She slowly calmed down once she realized she was in the Sullys marui, her eyes lowering to find Lo'ak spread across her legs, Kiri holding tightly onto her thigh. Tuk was sleeping with Neytiri and Jake, unable to calm down from the trauma she went through at such a young age.

Inhale.

Exhale.

The pain in her chest radiated throughout her entire body, tears immediately dripping down her cheeks despite the absence of cries. The woman sniffled softly, gently moving Lo'ak and Kiri before standing. Her body ached tightly, the woman chewing on her lip as a result.

Inhale.

Exhale.

She didnt remember how she got to the Sullys marui, she didnt remember anything after curling up next to Neteyams body. Her arms wrapped around her stomach gently, stepping outside of the pod and breathing heavily.

The village was silent as Beatrice made her way to the Tsahiks marui, her heart aching to see Neteyams body. She knew Jake and Neytiri would be making their way over to him soon to begin preparing his body for the ceremony that night. She had to soak up as much time as she could.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Beatrice froze as she stood outside the marui, seeing his body laying on the woven table with the Tsahik working around him, blessing his body to go back to Eywa. Her eyes were glued to her love as the Tsahik turned and saw her, her hand coming up and resting over the baby in her womb.

"Come in, Beatrice.." Ronal spoke gently, pulling Beatrices attention away from her love. Beatrice slowly walked in, taking shaky breaths as she made her way to his side.

"Will i be in the way, Tsahik?" Beatrice asked shakily, her voice barely coming out as a whisper. Ronal immediately shook her head, placing her hand on Beatrices shoulder.

"No my dear. Not at all." Ronal responded gently, rubbing her shoulder gently before getting back to work. Beatrice gently picked up Neteyams hand, bringing it back to her cheek as her eyes closed. The tears had never ceased, except grew faster as she stood silently next to her love, listening to the Tsahiks prayers to Eywa.

Inhale.

Exhale.

The emptiness inside chewed at Beatrices organs, the woman constantly having to take deep breaths to prevent herself from breaking down once more. Her eyes slowly opened, looking over Neteyams arms and the familiar stripes, her eyes landing on the armband Beatrice had made him when they first arrived. Her hands slowly moved up to it, untying it gently before holding it to her chest. She took a deep breath before reaching up, tying her hair back with it, it being much too large for her arm.

Her hand slowly moved up his arm, landing to the necklace she had made him around his neck. Beatrice hoped Neytiri and Jake would allow him to be buried with it, her fingers fidgeting with one of the seashells lightly. Her free hand came up to her face, wiping her tears roughly.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Why did Eywa allow her to survive but not Neteyam?

Beatrice brought her eyes to his face slowly, a shaky breath escaping her lips. She admired his face, memorizing all of the details she could. A sad smile grew on her face as she thought about all the times shed try to memorize his face before, the man getting shy and making her stop. The smile slowly melted from her lips as she sniffled, her mind beginning to race with every memory they had.