chapter fifteen

The next morning, the Sully family and Beatrice sat in a big circle, laughter filling the air as they ate together. They always made an effort to, but sometimes the war parties would leave before Tuk was awake, a promise of the next morning in the air.

Beatrice was damn near about to start a food fight with Lo'ak, deciding against it so she didnt have to face Neytiri. Instead, she moved behind Kiri, knowing Lo'ak would never aim at her. Kiri only laughed at Beatrices antics, rolling her eyes and continuing to eat her food.

Once everyone finished eating, Beatrice cleaned up with Neytiri, Neteyam hanging about like an obvious loiter while Jake went to the ledge to get the saddles ready for their ikrans. Neytiri eyed her son, Beatrice taking no notice as she continued to tidy up. Neteyam stared back at his mother, trying to look innocent and confused. The older Na'vi just squinted at him, her tail flicking behind her, causing Neteyam to swallow.

"Please be careful today." Beatrice voiced to the two of them, causing Neytiri to cease staring at her son and look at the young girl. Neteyam let out a breath he was holding, thinking he was going to get yelled at by his mother for not helping his father yet. Instead, Neytiri walked over to Beatrice and placed a kiss on the top of her head, tucking the lose hair behind her ear.

"I will make sure of it, daughter. When we get back, i braid your hair. Make easier to manage." Neytiri smiled at how happy Beatrice got, nodding her head feverishly. Neytiri made her way out of the tent, causing Neteyams heart to fill happily as he ran over to Beatrice. She looked at him confused before gasping as he kissed her, her eyes immediately closing as she kissed him back. Neteyam pulled away after a minute, a cheesy grin on his lips as he kissed her forehead before taking off after his mother. Beatrice just stood there, smiling to herself before she snapped out of it, exiting the tent herself. Her ears twitched as she heard the ikrans taking off, sending a silent prayer to Eywa to keep them safe before setting out to find where Neteyams siblings wandered off to.

After walking around for a few minutes, calling for Lo'ak and Kiri, she heard Lo'aks call making her roll her eyes. She quickly found them after that, looping her arm with Kiris as she watched Tuk complain to her brother, whining for her to go with.

"Cmon, skawng, just let her come with." Kiri spoke, rolling her eyes at the whole ordeal. Lo'ak just huffed, wrapping his bow around his shoulders. The kids checked to make sure they had their knives, Beatrice wearing one of Neteyams since she had not made her first kill yet to be able to make her own. Spider arrived, running up and jumping onto Lo'ak, causing a small fight to occur that was filled with laughs.

The group made their way to the ledge, Lo'ak and Kiri calling out for their ikrans. Lo'ak and Spider rode on his, while Kiris was able to handle the weight of Tuk, Kiri, and Beatrice in that order. The group flew around before coming to a dense area of the forest, the girls immediately starting to play with the plants as they followed after Lo'ak and Spider. Beatrice stayed at the back, wanting to make sure Tuk didn't accidentally get left behind each time she stopped to play with the tendrils of plants.

"Tuk! Keep up!" Lo'ak complained, causing Beatrice to roll her eyes and urge Tuk on, leaving the plant behind.

"Whyd you even bring her bro?" Beatrice heard Spider ask, causing Lo'ak to turn and walk backwards as he spoke, everyone walking slowly behind him.

"Shes such a crybaby! 'Im telling, youre not supposed to go to the battlefield! Ill tell mom if you dont let me come!'" Lo'ak mimiced his sister, Tuk poking out from behind Spider and sticking her tongue out at Lo'ak. Beatrice giggled softly while Kiri rolled her eyes, the group continuing on. Lo'ak and Spider took the lead once again, Beatrice and Kiri getting caught up by the forest. Beatrices new eyes could never get enough of the forest, finally able to notice things she wouldve never been able to notice as a human. The two girls played with the small creatures, laughing and twirling around with the fan lizards. Beatrice ended up losing Kiri, not too worried once she saw Spider go after her. Beatrice quickly caught up to Tuk and Lo'ak, crouching down with them as they played with the small bugs.