chapter thirtyone

thank you for over 700 views. this thing is probably the only good thing goin on in my life rn so it really means a lot. please let me know if youre enjoying this story. keep the tissues close <3

Beatrice followed after Lo'ak and Tsireya, the three meeting up with the others in the seaweed. The group huddled slightly, everyones eyes searching around them carefully. Beatrice could feel her heart racing in her chest, closing her eyes and forcing herself to calm down despite the gnawing in her stomach. Once she opened her eyes, they met Aonungs, seeing the fear in his eyes also.

Calm. If something happens, please take care of them, okay? Beatrice signed to Aonung, him taking a moment before nodding his head slowly. Beatrice looked over at Lo'ak, the boy constantly looking over at his sisters and Tsireya to check on them. She admired the small group, memorizing Kiri and Tuks faces carefully before moving on to Lo'ak. All of their heads snapped to the side as they saw submarines drop below the surface, everyone breaking apart and racing away. Beatrice stayed put, hoping to give some time for the others to get away.

As the submarines all started to head towards her, she bared her teeth at them. As soon as one started reaching out towards her, she urged her ilu to take off, constantly looking behind her to see how far away they were. Beatrice lost sight of the rest of the group, praying to Eywa that they had been able to get away. She also prayed to Eywa to keep Neteyam safe, the nausea building more forcefully as she thought about him.

They were supposed to be mated this day.

Beatrice shook the thought from her mind, racing through the seaweed as the submarines chased after her closely. She inwardly groaned as she saw some of them break off from chasing her, beginning to go after them quickly. Her lungs began burning as her body yearned for air, fear and determination keeping her from leaving the younger kids and going to the surface.

As she chased after one of the subs, her heart dropped as she saw Lo'ak, Tuk, and Tsireya trying to swim as quickly as they could, Beatrice urging her ilu to move faster. She cut across the subs vision, successfully knocking a trap they had shot out of the way, the rope wrapping around her foot. Beatrice let her ilu go free, reaching down and trying to free herself as she started gagging, her body begging for air. She looked up to see the three she was trying to protect still get captured, rage setting in. She suddenly felt her body being yanked up by the rope, gasping as soon as she broke the surface. Beatrice looked up and saw an avatar on an ikran carrying her rope towards the ship, leaning forward and going back to trying to undo the rope from around her foot. She continued gasping for breath until she finally got herself free, dropping back into the sea and diving as fast as she could go.

Once Beatrice looked up, she saw Lo'ak, Tuk, and Tsireya being handcuffed to the rail, realizing they were going to be used as bait. She quickly looked around the sea for anything she could use as a weapon, freezing as a thought rose in her mind. She immediately started clicking out calls, hoping Payakan was still around. A current suddenly pushed her as Payakan came out of nowhere, him swimming up to her so he could look at her.

They have them! Please, help me! Beatrice signed urgently, pointing up to the ship. Payakan let out a wail as the two watched as Quaritch put a gun to Lo'aks head, Beatrice letting out a scream into the water. Payakan held out his fin for Beatrice, the woman immediately grabbing on and holding tightly as the tulkun took off, aiming directly for the boat.

The two broke the surface as Payakan threw his body onto the ship, Beatrice letting go midair and landing on an avaters back. She immediately lunged her head forward, sinking her teeth into the avatars neck and ripping his throat out. Payakan hit the men and avatars who began shooting towards Beatrice, the woman being able to use the large avatar as a body shield from the oncoming bullets. As soon as their was a break from the attack, Beatrice shoved the body to the side and attacked the next person, picking up the human and throwing him into the wall roughly. Her ears twitched as she heard Lo'ak screaming her name, her focus not leaving the onslaught of people trying to kill her.