chapter thirtysix

Lo'ak held onto Beatrices hand tightly as the two walked back to the Sullys pod, everything sinking in as they made their way quietly. As soon as they made it to the entrance, Lo'ak let go of Beatrices hand gently, going to his brother and hugging him tightly. Beatrice smiled wide at the sight, her heart racing as she realized she may have never got to see that again. Her eyes flitted up as she saw Neytiri heading her way, swallowing nervously. Beatrice watched as Neytiri came closer to her, grabbing her hand and tugging her along despite Beatrice wanting to be as close to Neteyam as she could.

"What were you thinking?" Neytiri snapped, pacing a bit before she would turn on her heel and continue on. Beatrice sighed, fidgeting with her makeshift bracelet still on her wrist.

"You lost your son, Neytiri.. I could not accept that i was the one who survived while your family was broken. How could i let your pain continue without trying to fix it?" Beatrice responded softly, her ears lowering as she tried to explain herself. She heard Neytiri let out a soft growl, sighing loudly.

"I could pluck your eyeballs from your skull since you do not see, Bea! You are apart of this family, the pain of losing you instead would have been just as bad!" Neytiri stressed, Beatrice lowering her head as tears stung in her eyes.

"I did not think that i was that important, Neytiri. You carried him, you raised him. He is your blood, and i was some alien that just... popped into your life one day." Beatrice mumbled, Neytiri freezing at her words. The older Na'vi walked up at Beatrice, cupping her cheeks gently and making her look up.

"I will be the first to admit, i did not like you at first. But you were sent from Eywa, my daughter. Eywa herself kissed you, blessed you, welcomed you. Eywa sent you to complete our family. You became one of us as soon as i could see the love you have for my son. Please, do not ever, ever think that you are not one of us." Neytiri spoke, her voice firm. Beatrice nodded her head rapidly, blinking away the tears building in her eyes. Neytiris tongue clicked against the roof of her mouth as she sighed, bringing the woman into her arms in a tight hug. Beatrice returned it immediately, sniffling quietly. After a moment, Neytiri pulled away and placed her hand on Beatrices head lovingly. "Come, spend time with everyone before Neteyam steals you away."

The two women walked back into the pod, Neytiri giving Beatrice a smile before walking back to where her family sat in a circle. Beatrice admired them, smiling to herself. Neteyam turned towards her, grinning from ear to ear as he held his hand out for her. Beatrice rushed over, taking his hand tightly and sitting close next to him, their tails immediately intertwining behind them. Beatrices head fell onto his shoulder, his warmth emanating strongly.

The family talked for hours, Neteyam not being able to get enough of hearing his family talk. They all ate together once Jake had finished dinner, laughter filling the pod from one conversation leading into the other.

As eclipse neared, Neteyam looked at Beatrice with a smile. Beatrice looked back at him slightly confused, leaving a gentle kiss on his shoulder. Neteyam stood, pulling Beatrice with him before looking at his family happily.

"We will see you tomorrow." Neteyam simply said, taking off out of the pod dragging Beatrice with him. A laugh escaped her lips in confusion, allowing Neteyam to pull her along quickly. The two stopped at the beginning of the water on a sand bank, Neteyam clicking for some ilus. Beatrice climbed onto her own as Neteyam did his, the woman chasing after Neteyam as he immediately took off. The two played in the water for some time, their ilus circling each other at the end as they reached out towards one another with smiles on their faces.

Our cave? Neteyam signed to Beatrice, the woman nodding her head with excitement. They took off, Beatrice grabbing Neteyams tail whenever he would cut in front of her. Once they arrived to their cave, they broke the surface, Beatrice gasping quietly as she noticed the flowers glowing softly on the walls. Neteyam helped her off her ilu gently, his hands coming to rest on her hips as he laid his forehead against hers. Beatrice smiled as her eyes closed, her hands sliding into his hair, twirling one of his braids around her finger.