Chapter 2

At nighttime, Ruby is walking on the street of Vale as she looks around the block, she's in.

Ruby: ("I almost forget how large the city is. It's so much more fun than at Patch, though I'm used to living there. Still...")

She thinks ponder over things the city provides.

Ruby: ("I can listen to music at scroll shops, visit cafes, check out weapon stores. And time just fly by-.")

The red-hooded girl stops her train of thought as she remembers something.

Ruby: ("Oh, right. I should get some combustion dust for Yang since she uses up all of hers last night. Not sure why she uses them in some nightclub.)

She looks around for a bit only to happily smile to see the dust shop to still be open. As she enters, she's greeted by the shopkeeper of the dust shop.

Ruby: "H-Hello..."

Shopkeeper: "Hm."

She goes to check out the dust from the small several shelves.

Ruby: ("Combustion dust... Combustion dust... hm?")

Only for something in the magazine shelves that catches her attention, a magazine about weapons.

Ruby: ("The latest issue of Weapon Magazine! Awesome! I'm sure I have some time to read just a few pages before getting some dust for Yang.")

Several moments later, Y/N managed to reach the dust shop, Dust till Dawn. To his surprise, he doesn't detect any police officers or pro Huntsmen around the area.

Y/N: "What the?"

He readjusts himself to look fine before heading to the dust shop. As he enters, he's greeted by a multitude of dust of all types along with the shopkeeper himself. 

Y/N: "H-Hi."

Shopkeeper: "Hmm."

Y/N couldn't fathom that there were no authority figures around this area, considering that the White Fang had been stealing dust after dust in Vale recently. As he walks around the shop, observing the many dust the shop has, he notices a red-cloaked girl with headphones on, who is reading a magazine.

Y/N: ("Huh... she looks familiar, somehow... but where? Cool cloak, though.")

Moments later, Y/N heard the shop's door open. He goes around the corner, expecting to see Adam and his men, but it wasn't them. Instead, he saw a ginger-haired guy with bowler hat. 

Along with him are a bunch of goons wearing red glasses behind him

Along with him are a bunch of goons wearing red glasses behind him. Y/N quickly gets a magazine himself and goes to read it, all while he glances over at the unexpected visitors.

Y/N: ("Wait... Aren't those Junior's men?")

After taking out the cigar from his mouth, the ginger-haired man speaks to the shopkeeper.