Chapter 8

Professor Ozpin spectates the students on his scroll at the Beacon Cliff overlooking the Emerald Forest when Glynda Goodwitch walks up behind him, holding her own tablet.

Glynda: "The last pair has been formed, sir. Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren."

Ozpin: "Hmmm..."

Glynda: "I don't care what his transcripts say. That Jaune fellow is not ready for this level of combat."

She deactivates the tablet, walking back a little.

Glynda: I guess we'll find out soon enough. At their current pace, they should reach the temple within just a few minutes."

Ozpin continues watch his tablet with a contemplating interest as it shows the footage of Ruby walking along with Weiss. 

(Emerald Forest)

Weiss is critiquing on Ruby's fighting style while Ruby does her best to ignore it.

Weiss: "Your form lacks restraint, and your skill is wild and tempered."

Ruby quickly replies.

Ruby: "Are you saying I have a temper?!"

Weiss: "No! I-Ugh, nevermind!"

They continue bickering with one another. Despite her attitude towards Ruby, Weiss tries to be a leader as that what she truly believes herself to be and will be appointed to once teams are formed. It quickly heats up.

Ruby: "Quit being so bossy!"

Weiss: "I'm not bossy! I'm trying to lead us! So, quit saying that!"

Ruby: "Stop treating me like a kid!"

Weiss: "Stop acting like a kid!"

Ruby: "Well, stop acting like you're perfect!"

Weiss: "Ugh, I don't have time to be arguing with you."

Weiss walks away with Ruby huffs while still following her.

________________________________________________________________________________

Back with Y/N, he's still in a complete state of shock as Darius put back on his Grimm mask. Until an enormous smile form in Y/N's face as he speaks.

Y/N: "Darius! Y-You're alive! Oh, thank goodness you're alive! I-!"

Before he can finish his sentence, Darius attack him with his katana, the entire blade being black steel color. 

Y/N roll out of way as he transforms his pistols into small swords

Y/N: "Wait, Darius. Let's talk. We don't-"

Darius: "Shut up!" 

He strikes Y/N as they both collide blade. 

Darius: "Not a word from you. I want you dead."