Chapter 25

After taking down the Ursa Major, Weiss chews out Ruby for her plan. 

Weiss: "That plan of yours was ludicrous! We should've used our combined teams to just charge in and overwhelm that Grimm."

But Ruby stands up for herself and defends her action.

Ruby: "It was an Ursa Major that attacked us, Weiss. Those things are primarily solo hunters but, if I were wrong and it was just a normal Ursa then, we would have to worry about a whole pack of them showing up later. In which case, our strongest fighters (Pyrrha, Yang, Y/N and Blake) were right there to hold down the line. Since I called it that it was an Ursa Major, none of our weapons would pierce its bony hide, meaning the only way to deal with it would be to knock it off the cliff instead. In fact, there's a chance that Ursa Major is still not dead and it's still down there."

Weiss is dumbfounded by Ruby's cunning but, more infuriated of being talk down to so, she stomps off. 

Weiss: "Ugh, whatever."

Ruby looks back at Blake, Yang, Pyrrha only to realize they're missing someone.

Ruby: "Where's Y/N?"

Almost immediately, Y/N speaks up. 

Y/N: "Right here, Ruby."

She turns around to see Y/N, his clothes worn out and some minor injuries, thanks to his aura. Yang and the others approach him with Yang hugging him.

Ruby: "Where did you go?"

There's brief moment of pause before Y/N explains himself. 

Y/N: "I... I saw a Grimm and I thought of hunting it down, so it won't become an issue later on.

Yang: "By yourself?!"

Ruby: "You could've gotten hurt or worse."

Y/N: "I'm alive, am I?"

Ruby: "That's not the point, Y/N! What would happen if you came across more of them? You won't be able to fight them off by yourself."

Y/N: "I..."

The words die in his mouth, realizing that she has a point. He takes a deep breath before looking back at Ruby.

Y/N: "I guess... you have a point there... sorry for leaving the formation."

Ruby: "I... I just don't want to see you get hurt... that's all..."

Sensing the awkward silence between them, Yang decides to hug both Y/N and Ruby with a big smile on her face.

Yang: "Well, at least nobody has gotten seriously hurt so, that's good!"

After that, Yang and Ruby goes to check on the others to see if they're okay and to get Glynda. Y/N look back to see Jaune, helping Cardin get back up on his feet.

Cardin: "Holy crap, Jaune."

Jaune: "We're done..."

Jaune just glare him down as he finally takes out his "trump card," much to Cardin's surprise.

Y/N: "What the?"

Jaune: "I had a friend (not Blake) sneaked in and swap out your transcript with forged replicas that I made from the originals."

Cardin: "W-What?"

Jaune: "Meaning I have same blackmail weight as you do, Cardin. If you expose me for forgery, then I can easily do the same to your transcripts. And the both of us get expelled. So, let's come to a mutual agreement. Drop the blackmail and call it even, okay?"