Chapter 11

After the team coronations, Team RWBY head to their designated dorm room. Ruby couldn't stop talking about how cool they were at the initiation and how cool Y/N's weapons were. Weiss think to herself as she couldn't believe Ruby and Y/N upstaged her though, she tolerated Y/N by a tiny margin. Blake was keeping to herself, busying herself with her book. Yang was just excited that things turn out well for the most part. It was until, Glynda and Y/N appear in front of them.

Ruby: "Oh, uh, is there a problem, Professor Goodwitch?"

Glynda: "No. No issue, at all. I'm here to inform you girls that Mr. Y/N will be sleeping in a separate room next to yours."

This statement made both Yang and Ruby disappointed, Weiss giving a nod of approval, and Blake being unresponsive. Glynda continues with her speaking. 

Glynda: "Now, unless any of you have questions for me, I'll be taking my leave."

The professor waited for a moment for any of them to ask before she leave the hallway. Y/N stare after Glynda as he waves her goodnight.

Y/N: "Have good night, professor!"

Soon enough, Yang proceeds to cling onto Y/N's arm, attempting to tease him once more.

Yang: "Man, I still can't believe that we're all in the same team. We even got a good-looking guy on our team."

Ruby: "Yeah! We're on the same team now, Y/N!"

Y/N: "I was surprised. Of course, I wasn't able to comprehend it since certain people tackle me to the ground."

Ruby awkwardly laughs.

Ruby: "Hehe, sorry."

As Team RWBY and Y/N, check out Team RWBY's dorm, Yang just smirks, turning to look at Y/N.

Yang: "Oh, don't be like that. I know you like having two beautiful girls hugging you all the time."

Y/N, trying to hold back his blushing face, retorts back.

Y/N: "Hugging is one thing. Tackling me to the ground and making me fall is another thing."

Yang: "Come on, Y/N. Lighten up. Don't tell me you're that bad around girls?"

Y/N gasp at this.

Y/N: "I certainly am not. If I was, I wouldn't have argued with Weiss over here before our initiation."

Weiss: "Eh?"

Yang: "Yeah, right. You're not fooling anyone."

Y/N: "Whatever you say, Yang." 

As Weiss and Blake take their stuff out in their dorm, Ruby notice that her sister was acting strange. She always flirts with guys she takes interest in, but so far, she has been flirting and teasing Y/N since they got here. Even throwing herself onto him with all the clinging and winking she's doing. This was new to Ruby. In an instant, it clicked to her in her mind.

Ruby: ("No way! No way! Is Yang in love with Y/N!? My big sis is in love! With my first friend in Beacon. But... how come I feel happy and yet sad at the same time? My heart does feel a little 'heavy' when I'm around him. I thought I was getting sick. Am I sick? Did I eat too many cookies again? No, Ruby. There's no such thing as enough cookies.")

Lost in her own thoughts, Y/N tap on her shoulder, trying to get her attention. This startle her for a moment, making her blush a bit as she turns to face him. 

Y/N: "Ruby? You okay?"

Ruby: "O-Oh, yeah. I'm doing fine. Don't worry about it."

Y/N's eyes narrowed as Ruby tries to awkwardly laugh. Weiss is secretly staring at the two, while Blake is doing the same. Y/N then pulls back as he walks out of their dorm. 

Y/N: "Well, I'm going to check out my dorm and unpack my things. You can check out my dorm later. See ya."

The girls wave him off as he heads to his dorm room. Once he heads inside, he realizes how similar his dorm is to Team RWBY's dorm, except that his dorm only had one bed, a larger closet with his school uniform, and on the left side of his room is a small kitchen with a small table and 4 chairs.

Y/N: ("I guess Qrow told Ozpin about my cooking skills. Hm, guess I don't have to worry about missing lunch every now and then.")

Y/N start unpacking his things. Seeing that it's getting dark, he goes to change his clothes to his PJ's, a shirt and a sweatpant. After that, he drinks some water before he hears a knock on the door. He goes to the door, opening to reveal to be Yang, wearing the same PJ like in the ballroom slumber party they had.

Y/N: "What's up, Yang?"

Yang: "Oh, just want to see what your dorm room is like."

Y/N: "Sure thing."

She looks around his dorm, amazed at how spacious the room and more amazed that he has a kitchen in it.

Yang: "Wow... You know how to cook?"

Y/N: "Eh, more or less. Not a professional but, I do some cooking here or there. ("Heh, especially when you have a mentor like mine.")

After finish examining the room, Yang eventually goes to face Y/N, staring at him very seriously. 

Y/N: "Yang?"

Yang: "I... I just want to say thank you, again. For saving Ruby from that Deathstalker."

Y/N was surprise by the stern tone of her voice. A smile form in his face as he responds.

Y/N: "No problem. Besides, it was me and Weiss that save her."

Yang: "Oh, I know. That's why I'm going to show you, my thanks."

The blonde proceeds to hug him very tightly, much to his surprise. Y/N can feel her chest being pushed against his as he tries to hold on to his blushing face as Yang just smirk at this. They hug for a minute before Yang letting go of him. 

Yang: "Night, Y/N. I'm going to do the same with Weiss."

As she left his room, Y/N exhales, his face becoming a bit red before fading away. 

Y/N: ("I really need to get use to this.")

He then looks at the wall separating his dorm and Team RWBY's dorm as he overhears Yang's voice and also Weiss's.

Yang: "Surprise hug!"

Weiss: "Yang! Stop!"

He then hears some crashing, and things falling before it got quiet a moment later. 

Y/N: ("Well, I should go to sleep.")

As he falls face first on his new bed, many things begin to pop out of Y/N's mind. Things like Ozpin and what will his new assignments he'll give him as his secret agent. What sort of new class will he take here in Beacon. Wondering if Ozpin know about his 'fight' with Darius during the initiation. Will he able to see Darius again?

Y/N breathes in and breathes out a couple of times before trying to sleep. His eyes begin to feel heavy before finally sleep for the night. Unbeknownst to him, Yang decides to go out with her friends to drink and party in celebration of the team coronation. 

Yang: "Let's go!"

Yang's friends: "Yeah!!"