Chapter 7

(The Emerald Forest)

The brown-haired guy wander around the forest before he stumbles upon a guy with a mohawk, who got startle by his sudden appearance.

Brown-haired Guy: "Who are you?"

Russel: "I'm Russel. And you?"

Cardin: "Cardin. Cardin Winchester. Now follow me."

Russel: "Huh? W-Why?"

Cardin: "If you don't then good luck finding a relic on your own."

As he said this, Cardin starts walking away from him, shoving away some bushes and small branches. Russel, not wanting to be left alone in middle of the forest, quickly follows Cardin.

In the air, Ruby fires off a few rounds from Crescent Rose to slow her down, then turns her weapon into its scythe form to catch the branch of a tree in her blade and fall downward at a slower pace.

Weiss, armed with Myrtenaster, summons a white snowflake circle under her and leaps off of it to the forest below.

Ren descends (with briefly being seen next to him at a faster speed) and spins in the air, eventually using StormFlower's blades to spiral around the trunk of a large tree and hit the ground, brushing off his clothes before looking up to see Yang in the air.

Yang: "Woo-hoo! Yeah!"

Yang, soaring right over the treetops, is using her gauntlets and its fiery force to push her through the air further and further north, spinning and laughing with each blast, even when she crashes through the leaves of a tree and leaps off two trunks to tumble to the ground.

Yang: "Nailed it!"

Pyrrha, her weapon in sword form and armed with a shield, crashes through several trees and rolls on a branch, immediately shifting her blade into a rifle and looking through the scope at Jaune as he continues to scream and fall helplessly. Pyrrha coolly transforms her weapon again to its spear form, takes a moment to evaluate her throw, and rockets the javelin deep into the forest until a "THUNK!" is heard. In the distance, Jaune speaks.

Jaune: "Thank you!"

Pyrrha: "I'm sorry!"

In the middle of the forest, Ruby lands in a crouch, then darts off with a single mantra in her mind. 

Ruby: ("Gotta find Yang! Gotta find Yang!")

She shouts out for her sister, but no response.

Ruby: ("This is bad, this is really bad... What if I can't find her? Who's going to be my partner? There's Jaune. He's nice. He's funny! But despite what he said, I don't think he be good in a fight. Oh! There's Blake. So mysterious, so calm. Plus, she likes books! Then again, I'm not sure I'd be able to hold a conversation with her. Oh, there's Y/N! He's cool. He's nice. Seems like a good fighter and...")

As she realizes that she's pondering over Y/N for a lot longer than need, she begins to blush a bit and shake her head. The moment Ruby spot Weiss in front of her, she skids to a halt as Weiss turns to face. Their eyes meet and silence befell on them. It ended when Weiss turn away and walks off. 

Weiss: ("I didn't see her... I didn't see her...")

Ruby: "Wait! Where are you going?!"

Ruby stops and kicks the ground dejectedly.

Ruby: "We're supposed to be teammates..."

Weiss is seen struggling through the forest, giving an occasional grunt or "Ow!" as she pushes plants out of her way. She brushes herself off and sighs in relief when she hears a voice above her. She sees Juane trying to free himself from Pyrrha's spear.