Chapter 5

Y/N, Ruby, and Jaune rush to the main hall where all the first years are at as Ozpin's speech is about to begin soon.

Y/N: ("Holy crap, we made it! Never relying on them for directions.")

Once they made it, Ruby hears a familiar voice.

Yang: "Ruby! Over here! I saved you a spot!"

Ruby wave at her before turning back to Y/N and Juane.

Ruby: "I got to go. See you guys after the ceremony."

As she leaves to meet her sister, Y/N waves her off.

Jaune: "Ah, great. Where am I supposed to find another nice, quirky girl to talk to?"

Y/N: "Eh, I'm sure you'll meet one."

He said this, while looking at a red-haired girl who is waiting patiently for Ozpin's speech.

Meanwhile, Yang crosses her arms, she looks over to Ruby beside her.

Yang: "So, how's your first day going, sis? Got any new friends so far?"

Ruby looked at her with frustration.

Ruby: "You mean since you ditched me for your friends, and I exploded?"

Yang: "Yikes. Meltdown already?"

Ruby: "No, I literally exploded a hole in front of the school! And there was some fire, and I think some ice?"

Yang smiles broadly as she leans forward a bit.

Yang: "Are you being sarcastic?"

The red hooded girl just scoffs. 

Ruby: "I wish! I tripped over some crabby girl's luggage, and then she yelled at me, and then I sneezed, and then I exploded, and then she yelled at me again, then Y/N start talking back at her, they argue, and I felt really, really bad, and I just wanted her to stop yelling at me!"

Weiss: "You again!"

Once she sees Weiss again, Ruby quickly jumps into her sister's arm.

Ruby: "Ah! It's her!"

Weiss: "You're lucky we weren't blown off the side of the cliff!"

Yang: "Wow, you really did exploded."

Ruby then gets off her sister's arms before speaking to Weiss.

Ruby: "It was an accident! I'm really sorry, okay?!"

Weiss holds up a pamphlet titled "DUST for dummies and other Inadequate Individuals" to Ruby

Ruby: "What's this?"

Weiss: "The Schnee Dust Company is not responsible for-"

The heiress listing off policies to a clueless and horrified Ruby, going faster and higher pitched with each word she says.

Ruby: "Uhm...?"

Weiss: "You really wanna start making things up to me?"

Ruby: "Absolutely?"

Weiss then hand out the pamphlet to her and speaks in a demanding tone.

Weiss: "Read this, and never speak to me again. Now, where's your friend from earlier? I need to give him this pamphlet too."

Ruby: "I can give it to him."

Weiss: "And having you lose it? No thanks... Ah, there he is."

Y/N notice the Ice Queen herself approaching him. Jaune also notice but looks excited.